ROMANIA: Romanian Red Stag

Lovely stag! Need to work on that carry though. ;) That long carrying strap is so you can carry the rifle tucked under the left arm. Will give yo a rather dashing Euro-look. :A Way To Go:

Fallow, Roe & Wild Boar Hunt in Austria

Congratulations on a great hunt and trophy. Thanks for the informative report and photos.

Enjoy the sightseeing.

Reactions: WAB
I’ve been PMing with him about next year. Those are great red deer.

Great report. For taxidermy work I highly recommend using US studios.

Congratulations on a beautiful trophy and a great hunt. What are the shooting distances typically there?

Congratulations on a beautiful trophy and a great hunt. What are the shooting distances typically there?

I shot at about 80 yards but 300 to 350 is possible. I didn’t take a shot at last light at 300 yards on a good stag. He was moving through a corn field partially obscured and I just wasn’t comfortable. On this trip, of the stags killed, I don’t think any were past 200.

Lovely stag! Need to work on that carry though. ;) That long carrying strap is so you can carry the rifle tucked under the left arm. Will give yo a rather dashing Euro-look. :A Way To Go:

Fallow, Roe & Wild Boar Hunt in Austria

At least now I know what I am aspiring to!

Good information! Thank you for taking the time to share it. Congratulations on a great red!

Oh, and I hope you guys in the Blaser crowd enjoyed finally seeing me using one! I have to admit that I was very impressed. There may be an 8x68 in my future!
Well if you have to "borrow" a rifle you could do much worse than a nice R8! Congrats on the hunt and the trophies. Thanks for posting a hunt report.

I shot at about 80 yards but 300 to 350 is possible. I didn’t take a shot at last light at 300 yards on a good stag. He was moving through a corn field partially obscured and I just wasn’t comfortable. On this trip, of the stags killed, I don’t think any were past 200.

That is very special to be able to get up close to them. Well done again!

Congratulations on a phenomenal hunt and overall experience!! The country is just beautiful!! I’m already planning on going back to hunt with Marius for red deer- likely in 2025 because next year is Spain for ibex!

Awesome! Thank You for sharing with us.

Very nice. Is there a post advertising this hunt with more details?

Thank you @WAB for the interesting and informative report. I'll have to admit, I hadn't seriously looked at Romania before but will be reaching out for more information now.

Mine was 230 and 1 hour into the hunt on the first day! Had a great time hunting with Hunt Romania!

Mine was 230 and 1 hour into the hunt on the first day! Had a great time hunting with Hunt Romania!

R8Hunter took a tremendous stag. I believe it’s the one furthest from the camera in the pic of the four trophies.

Congrats on a great hunt, and thank you for your support as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AltaC85630

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia