Rituals, Traditions and Superstitions

I always thought you make your own luck. But, here I am alone in an almost warm shack, on this the last weekend that I can make it out this season, with my tag in its original condition. I am going to sit in that freaking stand tomorrow no matter how cold it is. And, if i do not get a deer then I am going to consult some spiritual guide to figure out what ritual I need to employ. Perhaps a naked run through the snow at 2am the night before? Ah nope, not enough alcohol with me to pull that off.

And, yah, I have been married for over twenty two years so I don't have sex the night before opening day either -.-
 
:E Shocked::E Shocked:
When I first enter the woods or trail, I always pick up some of the soil, leaves, snow, whatever is on the ground and rub it in my bare hands. If I'm water fowling than I rinse my hands in the water.

Archery hunting - my arrows are in a certain order in the quiver and if no luck with an arrow, it doesn't get knocked again until the other ones have their turn on the string.



And I never have sex the night before opening day. ;)

why on earth would you miss out on making mrs biddleman:P Gorgeous: smile , just because its opening day when you wake up !!!!!:E Horrified:

that's like not shooting a big stag on the first day ,mate

when oppotunty knocks , open the bloody door ,bloke
 
:E Shocked::E Shocked:

why on earth would you miss out on making mrs biddleman:P Gorgeous: smile , just because its opening day when you wake up !!!!!:E Horrified:

that's like not shooting a big stag on the first day ,mate

when oppotunty knocks , open the bloody door ,bloke

LOL! Hell by the time I'm done the sun is coming up. :D
 
ha ha ha ha
it takes all night ,to do what you used to do all night , so to speak .......
 
I pray and thank God for every animal I kill.
 
Oh and I'm definitely not opposed to sex the night before the hunt, or any other time for that matter. As bluey said "if opportunity knocks". After 15 years of marriage I'll take what I can get. :S Boobs:
 
I always put my Right Boot or Shoe on First
 
I heard, that is just a lucky guess, most mornings ,rob :Smuggrin::Smuggrin::Smuggrin:
Yea but at least I have a 50/50 chance of being right most of the time
 
Oh and I'm definitely not opposed to sex the night before the hunt, or any other time for that matter. As bluey said "if opportunity knocks". After 15 years of marriage I'll take what I can get. :S Boobs:

This is more along the lines what I pray and thank God for;)
 
I keep the cartridges of animals I shoot and never have them reloaded. A job well done!

I keep the cartridges of animals I shoot and never have them reloaded. A job well done!
Do you mark them or have a way of remembering what you shot with each?

I do the same thing and mark them as to the species, date and location. One day my kids will sell 'em all for scrap.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
After a couple of hours of lying on your back in a cold, muddy/snowy Idaho winter wheat field amongst several hundred goose decoys you still haven't attracted birds, there's one surefire way to make it happen.

Just get up and walk away from your shotgun. Once you're about 50 yards away, hundreds of birds will instantly show up.....guaranteed!
 
Hi Guys.
I NEVER carrey cash when hunting ( if you have cash on you to buy food why are you hunting?)
I dont hunt Game on a Sunday but will shoot birds on a Sunday?
The above are completly illogical but what can I say?
As a young man the fruits of your first big game kill are given to the oldest member of the community
Be safe
Russel
 
I start and end each day in prayer. A quick thanks at the dinner table each evening also. My twenty year old, safari shirt my mother in law gave me, seems not to hurt either. :). Kevin
 
I thank God silently when I take an animal. At night I say a little prayer because I feel closest to God when I am out in the field and hopefully under the stars. That is the only church I go to.

I have a number of knives but carry the Gerber knife I got as a gift from a gun shop owner in the 1970's. I did not take it to Africa as I did not need it and wanted to be sure it did not get"lost" with the airlines/TSA thieves. That was a smart move as they stole my GPS and even left a inspection slip in the ammo box it was in. They also stole my Rand I was bringing back for myself and a buddy to have.

I always take 2 extra cartridges with me in 2 different pockets no matter how many I have in the rifle or cartridge carrier.

Usually I pick up my spent brass.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,282
Messages
1,570,565
Members
168,905
Latest member
Jamal23F35
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top