RIP—A tribute to a great man.

RR 314

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Some of you know my dad, although he outlived many of his hunting and fishing buddies. I haven’t been on here much lately, but am coming up for air. My dad was a true giant and honestly, trying to set aside any bias, was the greatest man I have known. A true man of integrity who lived a great life and saw the world. He played football and basketball at the University of Texas, got his books (and I believe meal plan) covered by being on the UT rodeo team in law school, and was a brilliant lawyer for over sixty years. A great outdoorsman who taught me most of everything I know about guns, hunting, fishing, trapping etc. He also taught me to be the man I strive to be. Here is to a life well lived. Love you, Pops!

Edit: Dang. You have to click on “obituary and events” to read the actual obituary if interested.

Condolences to you and your family, and many friends on your loss.

May he Rest In Peace.

Please accept Mrs. Lonestar’s and my condolences. That is a wonderfully written obituary of what seems to be a well lived life.

May he rest in peace. Nothing says more about a man then the way his children speak about him, Clearly he was a great father!! My thoughts go out to you for your loss.

Without death its hard to appreciate life....

A very fitting tribute to a man that without doubt lived a full life. I have a feeling that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
My deepest condolences to family and friends.

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. His obituary clearly describes an officer, gentleman and family man of the first rank. May he rest in peace and may God comfort you and your family.

Sorry to hear. May he rest in peace.

Sounds like you had a pretty amazing Dad

A very accomplished man. It is great to hear of the esteem in which you and others held your father. Hopefully that helps lessen the blow of his loss for you. My condolences to you and yours.

Wow! That is an incredible obituary.

He truly was a special man.

Being that he was awarded the Legion of Merit with Oak Leaf Cluster is VERY impressive. Those are rare and hard to earn.

Some of you know my dad, although he outlived many of his hunting and fishing buddies. I haven’t been on here much lately, but am coming up for air. My dad was a true giant and honestly, trying to set aside any bias, was the greatest man I have known. A true man of integrity who lived a great life and saw the world. He played football and basketball at the University of Texas, got his books (and I believe meal plan) covered by being on the UT rodeo team in law school, and was a brilliant lawyer for over sixty years. A great outdoorsman who taught me most of everything I know about guns, hunting, fishing, trapping etc. He also taught me to be the man I strive to be. Here is to a life well lived. Love you, Pops!

Edit: Dang. You have to click on “obituary and events” to read the actual obituary if interested.

Sorry about your dad.

Did they own Ezell’s catfish cabin?

He sounds like he was a wonderful man. I lost my father unexpectedly 28 years ago. You never get OK with it, but you get somewhat used to it.

My condolences and I echo the sentiments of a life lived full.

Sorry about your dad.

Did they own Ezell’s catfish cabin?
Her “kin” did as they say in LA (lower-Alabama). :). I remember going there and drooling over some of those monster black belt “swamp bucks” mounted there as a kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardLob

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.