Right or Left Shooter?

Are you a Right or Left-Hand Shooter?

• Total voters
I am a true lefty but plays golf and bats right. As a lefty I feel we are truly discriminated against. Most left handed rifles are more expensive and fewer of them. I recently purchased a Heym 88PH 500NE double rifle and felt so lucky to find it.

Interesting that so far, more left shooters than right. Hopefully we get more votes for a better comparison.
Maybe that’s because we lefties feel more strongly about being “handicapped “so often in our choice of firearms.
I am a great fan of the Mauser 98 action. I have owned, or own, four of them so far. I’d love a true left handed 98 rifle. My best option is a Zastava or a Model 70, about as close as I can get. There’s a M70 in 30-06 left hand drive in the U.K.

I'm surprised to see the even numbers on the poll so far. Now I don't feel like such a minority as a lefty.

From selling a few left-handed firearms in the past, I always laugh and walk off when an appraiser ignorantly says "left hand rifles and shotguns are tougher to sell." I've found the demand to be much higher due to rarity, at least in my experience.

Right handed and left eye dominant. Shoot left handed. Bows can go either way with sights

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I have never met a right handed person who was left eye dominant. I feel your pain.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I have never met a right handed person who was left eye dominant. I feel your pain.

It’s not uncommon but most folks who have it don’t realize it. It is the first thing you test in shotgunning instruction. Many interesting devices have been developed to compensate for it. Look up “cross stocks”, likely the most unusual stock design ever created just for this situation.

Right handed and left eye dominant, shoot right handed.
Squint the left eye or for shotgun, for both eyes open, I put a nickle sized piece of tape on shooting glasses to block le ft eye.
PITA.

Well...after nearly a week, 700 plus views but only 56 votes, I’m not so sure of the poll results to this point. :unsure:

Right shooters - 44.6%
Left shooters - 53.5%
Either - 1.8%

I'm left handed and originally learnt to shoot left handed, doing rifle shooting at statics.

I then took up clay shooting competitively at secondary school and found I was right eye dominant. I could've messed about with glasses or closing an eye, but considering the club guns were righty, the coach was teaching righty and my handedness has never been that substantial, I just moved to righty. I did the same with a couple other sports for similar reasons.

Ten years and tens of thousands of clays later, I'm probably slightly more comfortable shooting both rifle and shotgun on the right hand side, but can go with either hand without much difficulty.

Same with most stuff really, except writing which still feels extremely weird with my right hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceBolli

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]