Rifles For Sale

I've imported several doubles from the UK, Africa, and Australia. The costs are:
paperwork on that side, permits, fees, etc.
international shipping by air with associated fees to the airline
brokerage fee this side
import fee
storage and hold fee
import paperwork charge
customs duty
shipping to my FFL
FFL's fees

Average was between 2-3000 USD from the seller to my door.
Cal

For auctions in England, I came up with a simple formula. Whatever you bid in pounds, double it and that’s your landed cost in dollars.
 
My experience would not agree with that. I handled the imports myself and did not spend even close to $500 per firearm coordinating through a local FFL. If you hire a broker your formula may be correct. I have no experience with that route.
 
Is it a 475 No.2 Jeffery or the Eley? More pics and info of the double please. Any history or year of manufacture?
 
I agree with WAB. I haven't imported a rifle however I came close to purchasing one from a UK auction a few years ago and the process though intimidating (as with anything with a government bureaucracy) was doable. the reason I didn't was the bids for the 250-3000 went about $5K more than I considered paying.
Bugger hate it when that happens ;-)
 
Don't you have to pay customs duty when you import fire arms ?
 
Is it a 475 No.2 Jeffery or the Eley? More pics and info of the double please. Any history or year of manufacture?
Is it a 475 No.2 Jeffery or the Eley? More pics and info of the double please. Any history or year of manufacture?


Hello,

It is the Eley.

The Charles Boswell is a .475 nr.2 Nitro Express Boxlock non ejector double rifle.

23 5/8in. replacement nitro reproved barrels with matt sight rib, gold-inlaid open sights and leaf sights and ramp-mounted gold bead foresight, the breech end with quickly detachable mount shoes, tubes engraved 'Charles Boswell London cal 475 no 2 480 Gr. Bullet'

Treble grip action with side-clips, removable striker discs, manual safety, the action and furniture fully engraved with bold acanthus scrollwork on a matt background, surrounding scenes of elephant, buffalo, lion and tiger, the pistolgrip-cap inlaid with an escutcheon finely engraved with a bull elepant, brushed finish overall, 15in. well-figured replacement semi-beavertail fore-end wood with grip release catch, wieght 12lb.

I don't know the year of manufacture.
 
Hi @JefB,

would you be able to post a few more pictures of the Rigby? Especially the barrel, magazine, etc. in what state would you consider the rifle to be? Still 100% functioning?

Do you still have the rings for it?

thanks and best regards,

V.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,375
Members
169,548
Latest member
LucioPrend
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top