Rifle Scope Combination Problem

In my opinion, the problem isn't your hardware, its your technique. What you're doing is suitable for small to medium actions and in particular pushfeed actions. Dangerous to use with magnum length, mauser style controlled feed actions. (remember, unlike a pushfeed, a controlled feed doesn't eject until the very end of the stroke). You should use a underhand grip and hence your thumb is nowhere near the bolt when extracting. Using a short action/pushfeed technique has two problems: One your thumb/fingers hit the scope/mount and two it makes short stroking highly likely especially under stress. The Fieldsports Channel have a video on proper technique as taught in the Southern Africa Wildlife College PH course. Give it a try.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just received the bolt back from Wayne. Very fast turn-around and Wayne was a pleasure to deal with. Nice work too:

20190408_172622.jpg
20190408_172505 (1).jpg
20190408_172535 (1).jpg
20190408_172443 (1).jpg


It works much better! Just enough room for my knuckle too. Better yet, I don't have to modify the stock! Anyway, my technique has changed a little thanks to this post too. Thanks to the help of everyone!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,450
Messages
1,576,541
Members
170,598
Latest member
WilmaSxm75
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top