Rifle Cases & Custom Cut Foam

Measurements: 47x16x6.5
Weight as shown is just a hair under 19kg (42 lb).

For the scope cutouts, I had two of them cut for 3-18 scopes and one cut for a 4-24. The scope in bottom right is a 2-12 and smaller than the 3-18 so it doesn't take up the full cutout. Suppressor here is a TBAC 338 Ultra as that is about same size as my incoming TBAC Magnus in 375.

The only thing that was a bit less than expected is that there is a slight gap between foam and case at what is the left/right ends in this picture. It's hard to tell in the photo, but i was able to put the Blaser T-handle between the foam and case at the far right edge in this pic. There was some resistance but not all that much. I had expected foam to be a tighter fit within the case as the whole bottom foam 'unit' will slightly shift up and down and have more movement left/right. I'll be figuring out how to shim it a bit to keep it more in place. Going to email gunfoam to get their take on how to have it a bit more fixed in place.
GunFoamFinal.jpg

@xbr897 - A couple of questions. What case are you using and what is the total weight when loaded? Lastly, how deep did you make the pocket for the rifle? I went with 2.75" to keep the bolt handle from sticking too much into the top foam.

How much will that case weigh @xbr897? I have had overfilled cases break on me in shipping

@xbr897 - A couple of questions. What case are you using and what is the total weight when loaded? Lastly, how deep did you make the pocket for the rifle? I went with 2.75" to keep the bolt handle from sticking too much into the top foam.
It’s the 4514 GunFoam case. Weight is 42 lbs as pictured. The bolt handle protrudes just slightly above hard foam, I didn’t get specific measurement. I recall during our email exchanges that they would cut depth to have it protrude about 1/4”.

How much will that case weigh @xbr897? I have had overfilled cases break on me in shipping
42lbs as pictured. I don’t have worries about it being overfilled as the outer case seems pretty solid. Will find out for sure on a Moz trip next month.

Older cases had hardened steel pins between handle and case. A lot of new ones are plastics. Some drill rod from McMaster would give me a better sense of security

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlesRobbins

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!