Results of Hurricane Helene

According to GA Power, they now say "We expect your power to be restored by Oct 2 8PM." Well perhaps. We'll find out.
Pffft I don't know why I even bothered.

This is getting to be intolerable. I'm of a mind to apply for fema assistance at this point just for extra grocery money. Maybe once it's all finally complete and fixed and if nothing is abysmally ruined, I'll think about buying myself something nice...

@WebleyGreene455 , hang in there, we endured 20 days in Frederick, 14 days in Ivan and 10 in Sally, with countless others between them all.

I do have a small 5hp generator to run fridge, freezers and a fan. We keep a 20 gallon supply of gas for the generator and if I use it wisely it will last around 3 weeks. We cook with gas and charcoal.

@WebleyGreene455 , hang in there, we endured 20 days in Frederick, 14 days in Ivan and 10 in Sally, with countless others between them all.

I do have a small 5hp generator to run fridge, freezers and a fan. We keep a 20 gallon supply of gas for the generator and if I use it wisely it will last around 3 weeks. We cook with gas and charcoal.
Oh I'm living with my sister literally across the street. It's not so bad. I'm just disgruntled from the lack of decent communication between GA Power and its customers. Apparently linemen and workers aren't even getting the notifications and reports from people in my neighborhood at times, like GA Power is just not relaying it. I'm disappointed by that if it's true. They've always been good in the past about getting stuff done, but this time around it seems to be slipping every which way.

I'm also just irritated that I can't communicate or relax with my friends the way I want and need to. Chatting over an Xbox party or discord call while we play games is the best way for us to "hang out" when we're separated by different states.

To help others in their time of need, consider a donation to the Red Cross or Samaritans Purse.

My firm just sent $5k to Samaritan’s Purse… we’re also doing a $ for $ match for donations made by our staff…

I’d extend that to anyone here (up to a certain amount)…

If you’re considering a donation to SP and would like my firm to match it, shoot me a PM and we can discuss and I can send you a link (link is direct to SP..)

SP is first in every time. They set the bar on emergency relief.

My firm just sent $5k to Samaritan’s Purse… we’re also doing a $ for $ match for donations made by our staff…

If you’re considering a donation to SP and would like my firm to match it, shoot me a PM and we can discuss and I can send you a link (link is direct to SP..)

I’m in. PM sent.

I'm in as well, and will send a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichellPie

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]