Resale of Auction Hunt

Alexhuff

Reaction score
Hey guys ,

New to this forum or at least haven’t used it in a long time. We bought a safari in Limpopo at auction for NWTF and we cannot make the trip. In your experience, can these hunts be sold if you are unable to make the trip? If so, where would be an appropriate place in this forum to do so?

Best

Alex

Did the outfitter give you permission to resell the trip? To your question though unless it’s something special the normal South African auction ranch hunt has very little resale value, if any, but you could try.

It would be best to talk to the outfitter, they will be the ones to say yes or no

Many times the outfitter who donated will allow you to wait until the following year to take the hunt if you can't go this year. Read the fine print and ask them. Good luck!

Hey guys ,

New to this forum or at least haven’t used it in a long time. We bought a safari in Limpopo at auction for NWTF and we cannot make the trip. In your experience, can these hunts be sold if you are unable to make the trip? If so, where would be an appropriate place in this forum to do so?

Best

Alex
Who is the Outfitter?

Hey guys ,

Best

Alex
Generally the answer is no, you can't.

But as stated above, ask the operator.

And most will give some grace as to when it is scheduled so you might be able to push it out a year or two.

But it is all up to the outfitter. They donated the hunt. It is no skin off their ass if it never gets used. It is generally to their benefit if it doesn't get used.

Last edited:
You should ask the outfitter not us. A majority of the time, the answer is no.

I know multiple people who’ve been told this, however I personally got permission on a donated hunt to let someone else take my place. a buddies schedule was a little more open with regards to the dates than mine, and they’d never been to Africa so the outfitter saw it as a win/win for them. They went and met the outfitter at a show and made sure all were comfortable with each other and the arrangements, so it is possible.

Welcome Alex, check with the outfitter. A lot of the hunts have a lot of conditions to the hunts. Best of luck.

I would talk to the outfitter. It may be that they would rather have someone come who they can upsell than nobody at all. Maybe they will push it out a year.

How much money are we talking about here?

I honestly don’t see why it wouldn’t be transferable, but the idea of selling something seems not quite right. It just doesn’t feel good.

At the end of the day both your finds and the hunt were donations to a charity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamillaOLo

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa