REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO: Bongo In The Congo

excellent report! thank you for sharing it with us and for your insight. there is no substitute for experience. congratulations as well!

Great report! Congrats on an amazing sitatunga!!! I'm headed to Cameroon in 2025 for the same.

Thank you for sharing this it was a great read and congratulations on your hard earned sitatunga

I thought of a couple more suggestions. You spend close to 12 hrs driving in and out with a driver that speaks no english as well as a number of hours in a machan with nothing to do but twiddle your thumbs. So books or music on your phone with earbuds provided entertainment for me.
Next is a shooting rest might be helpful. You have a 2X12 board to shoot from. 2 of the machans had bags of some material that were meant to be used as a rest. Better things are out there. Something like the caldwell shooting rest. Distances are short but you want absolute precision. Perhaps only one chance in 2 weeks..... Its gotta count.
I brought over candy to share with the trackers as well as Christophe. If you have room it's not a bad idea.
Thanks for all of the positive remarks guys. I appreciate your taking time to read this.
Bruce
@gillettehunter If you are thinking next tine of taking pens for the kids don't forget paper. Chalk or crayons might be better. Have you tried an inflatable neck pillow to shoot off? Cheaper and also lighter than the caldwell.
I know you got pissed off about them taking your francs but just as well you had some on you. I always kept some spare left overs, small change in a front pocket. Handed that over and walk away. Used to carry two wallets with my main well out of sight and the other in the front pocket with sweet FA in it. Also cheap as watch.
How was the drinking water?
Did you try the Primus.
Cheers SS

Neck pillow to shoot off of is a pretty good idea to try. I like it. I drank a lot of bottled water. I was warned not to drink the faucet water at the hotel or at camp. I had no gastro issues and would do it that way again. Did not take a Primus with me.
Thanks for all of the well wishes.
Bruce

Congratulations, excellent sitatunga! Once in a lifetime trophy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herman6835

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]