Remington core lokt

The only problem with Remington Core Lokts today is the price, I guess I'm just not up to date on ammunition costs today. Every time I pull out my old stock the pricing on the boxes makes me smile. It's the same with primers, my current Magnum rifle Remington primers has a $14 sticker on the box of 1,000. Sometimes I think what investments I made 20 years ago ...lol
I agree. Before the Scamdemic, Remington 225gr. .338WM Core Lokts were $52/box here. Barnes TTSXs were $46/box. Go figure. Now, since Vista Outdoors owns Remington ammo, they put a one cent plastic tip on the Core Lokt and want at least half again the cost for a box for any cartridge. Forget the .338s at their pricing.
 
I’ve actually shot all of my elk here with my Browning A Bolt .338WM with 225gr. Core Lokts. Until I became an AH member a few years ago and started reading all the bullet threads, I didn’t know the Core Lokts don’t work on game. Especially in Africa. I should have known better. LOL
In addition, my hunting buddy and his son went to Newfoundland four years ago and took my Browning as a “back up” rifle. Well, they ended up using my .338 with 225gr. Core Lokts and killed two moose, a caribou and a black bear with it. All one shot kills. Surprising because usually they can’t hit an old Chevy at 100 yds with THEIR rifles. LOL
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,409
Messages
1,575,303
Members
170,241
Latest member
tideroomsso1983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top