Reliable Gunsmiths in Va. Tn. or Nc.

1peggy

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Spain, Germany, Zimbabwe, Zambia
I need a gunsmith to work on a Sako Fiberclass 270 win. The stock has a nauseating hollow sound that I want to eliminate. The recoil pad is glued to the stock and I am not sure I can remove it without messing it up. Thanks in advance Mike

Mike
I know your question is dated and even if your question remains active. I live in VA and the only reputable gunsmith is W.A.R. Gunsmith(note the periods between the letters; not war as in battle) in Manassas Park. The gunsmith is a regional and US champion shooter and this is his passion. They did numerous gunsmithing jobs for me and I highly recommend them. The hollow sound you hear from your stock is because it is plastic. Nothing wrong with it aside from the cheap sounding hollow noise. Your recoil pad is an easy job for the gunsmith and will make it look like it came like that from the factory.

Mike
I know your question is dated and even if your question remains active. I live in VA and the only reputable gunsmith is W.A.R. Gunsmith(note the periods between the letters; not war as in battle) in Manassas Park. The gunsmith is a regional and US champion shooter and this is his passion. They did numerous gunsmithing jobs for me and I highly recommend them. The hollow sound you hear from your stock is because it is plastic. Nothing wrong with it aside from the cheap sounding hollow noise. Your recoil pad is an easy job for the gunsmith and will make it look like it came like that from the factory.
I appreciate you getting back to me on this. Long drive to Manassas but I may do it one day. Regards Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohniePeas

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.