Red Stag Hunt New Zealand 2020

Beautiful animals. Do you use horses to get to the tops of the hills and glass below or do you use ATVs or walk?
I use a side by side, oe 4x4 truck to get onto the property and a times get up on the hills then spot and stalk from there.

Horses are not required its all spot and stalk accessed by 4x4 or side by side.
Beautiful animals. Do you use horses to get to the tops of the hills and glass below or do you use ATVs or walk?

A few more Stags from this season.

393 inch Stag.jpeg
380 Red Stag.jpeg
Typical 381 inch Red Stag.jpeg
Red Stag 370 inches.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1101.jpeg
IMG_3156.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
How big is the fenced property sir? This has been on my bucket list for a while now. Thanks.

How big is the fenced property sir? This has been on my bucket list for a while now. Thanks.
I have two properties exclusive to New Zealand Safaris. One is 3500 areas of forestry and native on rolling hills, the other more open country which is 7000 acres. I can assure you JG the size of the properties, quality of Stags, food and accommodation is second to non in the industry. I would be happy to give you a call to talk personally if you would like and can supply you with plenty of references.

Contact us to take advantage of this deal!

fullsizeoutput_10ae.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_10c3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_132f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1279.jpeg
GGFfbHD0RKyReoqeZhW24w.jpg

394" Red Stag hunted with New Zealand Safaris

full

408 inch Red Stag.jpeg
409 inch Red Stag.jpeg
384 inch, 9 yr old Red Stag.jpeg

Some awesome stags bud (y)

Anyone know if the U.S. allows hunters to bring back any of their game meat from NZ?

It would have been great to bring back 20 lbs of back loin
from my Africa hunt to share a meal with friends at home.
Yup, I am an unapologetic meat eater.

I'll look it up again in the USDA manuals, but I recall you could bring back up to 50 pounds from New Zealand. It's a very disease free country.

But you also bring up Africa, and that's a big No from any country on the continent.

Anyone know if the U.S. allows hunters to bring back any of their game meat from NZ?

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/planthealth/complete-list-of-electronic-manuals

Here's the manuals, pull up the Animal Product Manual. It's a PDF so I'm not linking that.

Table A-1-11 Hunter Harvested Wild Game Meat starting on page A-1-28 will tell you what you need to know. Big thing is documentation. You better have good proof what it is and where it came from. If there's any suspicions, you'll lose.

As for the disease status of the country, check out Appendix C in the same manual. New Zealand is good. But again, the continent of Africa and every country I can think of is not New Zealand and no meat will be allowed in.

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CathleenFa

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?