Red Dune Taxidermy

derekslovak2

New member
Joined
Jul 26, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Hey guys heading next year for my first safari and was thinking of leaving my animals with red dune taxidermy and was wondering if anyone has used them and if the quality is good to go in the home. I have had all other hunting trips done in the states
 
First off, welcome aboard!

Honestly, if you already have had other hunts done in the states, I would continue that trend. I've had African work done over there and back home. Some mounts from Africa are pretty good. I specifically had my first safari done at Red dune in 2011. Work was acceptable, but wish I would have brought home after the fact.
 
First off, welcome aboard!

Honestly, if you already have had other hunts done in the states, I would continue that trend. I've had African work done over there and back home. Some mounts from Africa are pretty good. I specifically had my first safari done at Red dune in 2011. Work was acceptable, but wish I would have brought home after the fact.
Thanks man
I want it done right, the only reason I’m asking is that the taxidermist I asked to them for me said gas has gotten to high to justify driving them to me I live in North Carolina and he is in Missouri. I haven’t found anyone good in the Carolinas that I know of.
 
Hey guys heading next year for my first safari and was thinking of leaving my animals with red dune taxidermy and was wondering if anyone has used them and if the quality is good to go in the home. I have had all other hunting trips done in the states

Greetings derekslovak2,

I believe this to be your introductory post and so, Khomas Highland Hunting and fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I do not know anything about the Red Dune Taxidermy Company.
So I am no help there.

Meanwhile, I do look forward to your return from that first Africa hunting trip and your hunt report describing same.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Haven’t seen anything on Red dune specifically.

Couple of options. One option is to have them dipped and packed and sent to your favorite taxidermist or other trusted taxidermist here in the US then have them shipped to you upon completion. That’s a lot of shipping and a lot of $$$. Another option would be to take a drive with your outfitter to the taxidermist studio and see their work. If their work is acceptable go with with that taxidermist. And yet another option is to use one of the larger well known taxidermists such as splitting image highveld, or bullseye and see what you end up with.

Due to cost per individual animal and having not only my trophies but my kids as well I opted for a larger taxidermy company in RSA. My taxidermy bill here in The states would have been (got a quote) $17,000. Instead it was still expensive but only $6,000. My kids wanted a lot of shoulder mounts so I obliged them. The wait time after getting them here to the states would have been 2 years. While I don’t expect competition quality work, based on what I’ve seen South African taxidermists can certainly offer very nice mounts.
 
Send them to @gizmo from Top of Texas Taxidermy, he is doing my mounts from my 2022 safari. I've attached his website, and also the link to my post for your review.

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/2022-safari-taxidermy-is-getting-done.83883/


I had my first safari done in SA, and I was royally screwed by the Taxidermist. Paid top Dollars for at best mediocre work. It's better to pay a bit more and look at your mounts and be happy, then save money and look at mounts that look like if they were done by a 6-year-old. Here is my $750 mount. Your choice.

IMPALA.jpg
 
We would be glad to help you! I’m located in Amarillo Tx but we can have your animals delivered anywhere.
 
Welcome to AH!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,784
Members
169,619
Latest member
CameronCou
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top