Recommendations on 20 gauge over under

I have a Beretta Silver Pigeon I 20ga. that I was about to post for sale. Two rounds of sporting clays through it. $2075 shipped. Can send pictures.

I really like the Berretta 686 platform . Helped my friend find a DU version 20 gauge for his grandson. Much prefer the ergonomics over the Citori, and the mechanical design.
That is what I've been using since I bought it at the local DU banquet in 2008. More recently I decided to use one of the 28ga bought at the 2009 banquet. Hard to beat the 686 in the field, and I definitely prefer them to the Citori. The other o/u I use the most when I want a 12ga is a Fausti Elegante. I'd like to try one in 20 or 28ga to compare it to the 686.

I don’t know how common they are or how it will last over time but I recently acquired a ruger red label that seems like a decent quality shotgun from a reputable brand.
What I’ve commonly heard about the Ruger Red Label is that Ruger did make some very good ones, but it was outweighed by the overwhelming majority that were not.

Definitely not a high volume clay gun.

Citori 725 Feather Superlight. Its what I use. Nice and light and points very nicely.​

Beretta Model 686
or
Browning Citori
or
Kreighoff K80

Zoli Pernice round body, my favorite.

725 is classic

686 is just everywhere, seems to work

I haven't shot one yet but I did handle a couple of new Franchi o/u's in 20.
Felt great and really nice engraving and detail. I looked at one that had a old school rounded knob on the grip and the other had a straight English stock.

Zoli Pernice round body, my favorite.

725 is classic

686 is just everywhere, seems to work
@Challer: I like 2 out of your 3 picks, but how did the 725 become “classic”?
and I’m a big fan of Browning (especially Citori’s) but notice a quality drop with the 725’s. The action is same basic Citori action and “proven” but the wood & finish is cheap & “Stoeger-like”…also they have frequent issues with their stocks - cracking, a result of poor selection of inferior walnut or not drying wood properly. I’ve heard they are working on that problem and working with customers with the “cracked/chipped stocks” and hope its corrected soon —-fine gun for the money ($3100-$3600) and the action holds up to 50,000-100,000+ rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyinglazyt

Latest posts