Recommendations for the Best Thermal Vision Scope for Night Hunting?

I singled out the value of the Pulsar XG50 because it’s the only 640 sensor on the market being discounted and sold at 3k. There are many other options out there that are cheaper that may suit your specific needs.
I think that’s a great model.

I have my lrf on my binos, but wish I had gotten on the rifle scope. Pulsars ballistic calculator is slick. You hit target wirh laser, and it puts your aim point directly on reticle. Pretty cool

I would get a pulsar axiom model in 640 and call it a day on a spotter.

I have seen them when looking around closer to 2k.

I do like the binos. I had the opposite experience of the person above. I had a monocular, and when I would look for a while then stop, one eye would be wonky from the light and the other not. I much prefer the binocular vision.
Watch Europtic, they tend to have the best discounts earlier on the Pulsar thermals. Especially around the holidays.

There are a ton of excellent thermals on the market. You could go broke buying a really high end one. Not sure how much better they really are. Everyone that I know using thermal for coyotes always hypes the Thermion 2 LRF. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: RLL
A thing to note with the pulsar axion LRF the range finder can be a pain as you can’t use it in either hand. For example I stalk with my rifle on my right shoulder sticks in my left hand. Spotter in right hand scanning through left eye so as not to screw up my shoot eye. But if I want to swap hands then the rf on the side gets in the way. Good bit of kit but a bit of a pain when your arm gets tired.
For those on a budget I would still recommend a clip on the front of your rifle. As I said above easy to fit and you don’t need to resight it. Just clip on and go. Using the 1 rifle saves a lot of time and money.
This is the one I have along side the Axion above.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 9.13.48 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 9.13.48 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
The Sig Echo3 isn’t a scope but a reflex sight (sort of). I have the 2-12x model and find it very effective out to a range of 300+ yards.

For my particular situation I actually wish I’d purchased the 1-6x model as shots on pigs and coyotes longer than 100 yards are rare and never exceed 250 yards or so.

Resolution in only 320 pixels, but I’ve found that quite adequate. If you wear reading glasses the on screen menu may be tough to see without your specs. I wear a reading contact in my right eye which works well for me with this optic as I can keep both eyes open (normally difficult for me with scopes and pistol red dots because I’m left eye dominant but shoot right handed).

I think MSRP is something over $3K, but I bought mine for about $2.3K 18 months ago on sale at PSA. I think below MSRP sales are pretty common.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fogaves

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.
Bluecyclone wrote on LES7's profile.
Hello there,
Could you tell me if your model 70 has two recoil lugs? I have heard some of the super express rifles had one, while the safari express has two.
Thank you.
Brant.
Saddlemaker wrote on Drexel64742's profile.
Hi Drexel, Would like to purchase your brass , Would a business check be fine?
overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!