Recommendation for next safari requested

Agrarler

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Dear all,
I’d like to get some recommendations for my next trip to Africa. I’m looking for a two week hunting trip with my kids next spring or autumn. After having then hunted two times in the same outfit in Zimbabwe it’s time to explore a new corner of Africa.
First priority: it has to be save and comfortable to reach as I’m travelling with the two boys (9 and 12).
We are looking for some personally environment, no need for luxury. The kids are quite experienced for their age because they’ve grown up with hunting and the outdoors.
We thought about Namibia or South Africa but are open to any advice. I’m really looking forward for your recommendations, preferably if you made positive experiences on your own.
Thank you in advance!

Hello Agrarier
We have the perfect place for you and the boys.
In South Africa's Kalahari desert. Very safe, large open spaces, comfortable lodge, dinners around campfire at night, lots of game, shooting range at lodge to teach the kids, swimming pool. Perfect place to have good quality time with your sons. Start hunting from the lodge. No long drives every morning to get to the hunting area.
We have many references of other people who brought their families on a hunting safari.
Drop me an e-mail and I will send you more info and prices.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Good day @Agrarler . We can certainly assist in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Best Regards,
Marius Goosen

If you are looking for something personal and private, I can certainly help in South Africa. You and your kids will be the only ones in our Bush camp.
Please email me info@spearsafaris.com
cheers Ernest

Dear all,
I’d like to get some recommendations for my next trip to Africa. I’m looking for a two week hunting trip with my kids next spring or autumn. After having then hunted two times in the same outfit in Zimbabwe it’s time to explore a new corner of Africa.
First priority: it has to be save and comfortable to reach as I’m travelling with the two boys (9 and 12).
We are looking for some personally environment, no need for luxury. The kids are quite experienced for their age because they’ve grown up with hunting and the outdoors.
We thought about Namibia or South Africa but are open to any advice. I’m really looking forward for your recommendations, preferably if you made positive experiences on your own.
Thank you in advance!
I think your request is too broad to make a recommendation. There are lots of outfitters all over Africa in many countries capable and willing to do what you post. Personally I loved Zim, wild, safe, great hunting and great people. But its animal species are not what Namibia or SA offers.

Maybe provide the site with what your primary species are, nice to have species, price range and a few more specifics so members can provide their experienced recommendations.

MB

We're in the Eastern Cape and offer exclusive use, family friendly safaris in a beautiful environment. Family owned and operated by us.

Hi @Agrarler . My suggestion is @KMG Hunting Safaris and in particular an area we hunted in the mountains. The reason is that it offers other aspects that may interest your kids. The terrain involves a lot of steep 4×4 and they will get an absolute kick out of that. (If they are really fortunate they will get the chance to help him out of the mud!) The lodge is very historical but comfortable. And, you can see herds moving in the open areas. So, I honestly think it would make for a neat trip. What a treat to take the kids! Have a great time

Namibia.
Namibia is a great country with great hunting. With your sons it would also show them the history of German involvement in Africa. Namibia has done a good job of remembering all the people and cultures that have made it a modern country in Africa.
Jacques Strauss at Kowas Safari Adventures does a great job.

If you are looking for a plains game hunt, for me the best value in Africa is Tholo Safaris in Botswana. Clive Eaton has by far the best value for the money. Took my daughter there a couple of years ago, it was my 17th safari and I was tremendously pleased.

Dear all,
Thank you in advance!

Welcome to AH, you are going to have a ton of really great options and many top quality outfitters who can do exactly what you are looking for. Namibia and SA are both great options.

Take a look at Somerby Safari's I have hunting with then a few times and they are great for famileys. I took four couples on my first trip and everyone had a blast. Just take a look at their Hunting News links and you will notice a trend. Husband/wife teams and familey trips are a big protion of their clientele. Message me if you have questions.

Dear all,
Thank you in advance!

I'd love the opportunity to tell you more about what Jacques @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS has to offer. We have a number of different properties we can hunt in South Africa and Namibia. We can make a recommendation on which we think would be best based on what animals you're looking for.

I hunted in Namibia with Jamy Traut at his Panorama camp in 2018. Easy to get to. Safe. Kalahari desert… sand dunes, open, but some brush. A wide variety of game and lots of it. Nice accommodations (Permanent tents). Excellent food. Great staff.

Thank you in advance!

If you are looking for a safari experience to enjoy as a family, I can highly recommend Limcroma Safaris in South Africa. They put together an itinerary for my family that included hunting along with a few days of non-hunting excursions we could enjoy as a family. Everything planned went smooth as silk and all that was promised was delivered and then some... These folks really go out of their way to exceed your expectations. Hannes runs a first-class operation in every regard...

You can have a look at my brief report of my own safari linked below, and feel free to PM me with any questions about my experiences with Limcroma Safaris..

I was thinking either Namibia or the Eastern Cape in South Africa as well. The Eastern Cape was one of those areas that is hard to explain because there are so many different types of huntable lands such as grassy areas, mountainous areas, etc. I think everyone should try and hunt there at least once just to see it. I hunted with KMG the one time I went and Marius and his group is easy to recommend. They shoot quality animals and Marius will treat you well. As for Namibia, I loved the more desert/grassy plains look as well and Etosha National Park was still my favorite photo safari drive I've done yet. Like Jfet mentioned above, Kowas was fantastic and would be my recommendation there. They will put you on quality animals as well. Namibia still holds a special place in my heart.

Jono with Kingsview Safari out of the Eastern Cape (Port Elizabeth area) did a wonderful job helping my wife and I have a trip of a lifetime this past April. It was just as much for her (a non hunter) as for me. You are near the coast which offers a lot of great adventures to add on, including lots of different fishing adventures, etc. Truly, we would have a difficult time planning a follow up trip from the stand point that our last trip would be tough to beat! I am sure there are many great outfitters, just be sure to talk with plenty of references who wanted similar experiences as yours...keeping in mind it is Africa...and things do not always go as planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maybelle41

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]