Recommend a Safari

I could use some advice. This is far from my first guided hunt, but I could use some input from folks with first hand experience.

I am looking for a plains game hunt, 10 days or so in length. Traditional species: Kudu, Sable, and so on. I’m likely 18 months out from this hunt, but it could launch sooner if the stars align.

It’s somewhat easier to list what I don’t want-

No farm raised animals, IE if it was ever fed from a bucket or bought in a trailer, I am not interested.

No put and take.

It doesn’t have to have a resort like lodge- I’m happy to live in a tent so long as it’s where the animals are.

Fences are ok to a point, but I’m happier with less fence.

What I am looking for-

Trophy quality matters as does abundance of game. I’m physically fit and happiest when I get to put the work into stalking. I’d like to hunt with a PH that’s high energy and wants to see what’s over the next hill. I’m flexible on travel and I’ve lived/worked in the third world, so “adventure travel” and negotiating challenging airports is normal for me.

Ideas on where and who?
Check out beasts and birds South Africa. Jonathan is a great PH and his prices are definitely better than most.

Last edited by a moderator:
With your specifics and intentions I would echo that excellent advice and visit one of the major expos so you can shake hands and see faces and hammer out desires and details. There are many good choices listed above, you will have lots of fun just in planning a safari!

Good day sir and welcome to the forum,

I have been out of the office for most of the month and only get to chime in now, we have some rather large areas in South Africa that will offer you a challenging safari with the bonus of top quality trophies.

If you have not found a outfit yet, please feel free to reach out to me so I can assist.

All my best,

Jacques Spamer

I can HIGHLY recommend Sebra Hunting Safaris based in Kamanjab Namibia. I’ve hunted there FIVE times and hunt #6 is this July. If you’re after Kudu, Gemsbok, Baboons, Springbok or other Plainsgame, the quality of their animals is outstanding. The food served there is gourmet quality and the PH, Jan du Plessis, is as good as they come. Their prices are very reasonable considering the overall quality of their hunts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelDak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?