RCBS deprimer pin...and Bertram brass

Sounds like you MIGHT want to run all the brass trough your rifle to assure function before you invest more time and money. Just a thought.

PS" I prefer RWS and Norma to all other brass, but doubt that they make brass for the .318 WR.
Rifle is being built now ... so I’m in it to win it ! Ha!
And that’s correct - Bertram is only brass I can find at the moment with a proper head stamp

All cartridge cases should have uniform and standard size primer pockets and flash holes. Uniform ignition and proper primer fit are part of achieving the objectives for uniform ballistics

These tools will do that.

Left 2 are for uniform large rifle primer pocket diameter and depth. The one in the center is adjustable for depth.

One on the right is the Lyman deburring and flash hole uniforming tool. Standard decapping pins should fit through standard and uniform flash holes. Also the Lyman tool removes internal burrs/sprues at the flash hole that can catch the decapping pin, divert it off center and cause breakage.

IMG_4216.JPG

If you can find a decapping pin for the PPC family that might work. The 6BR and PPC brass have a smaller flash hole than standard small rifle holes. My 6 BRX dies from Whidden came with the smaller diameter pin, and a few spares.

If the primer is already in the case, it is not as easy as just drilling it out and keeping the hole centered.View attachment 545530
@Inline6
There's no way a standard pin will decap the burden primer. You will have to do it hydrolicaly or pick it out with a special tool. Either way it's a pia.
Bob

We used to call it "reading for comprehension" :)

If the BERTRAM brass or any brand for that matter has poorly formed flash holes or undersized flash holes use one of these, standardize all your brass so standard-sized decapping pins will fit and be done with it. Needs only be done once.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 7.07.17 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 7.07.17 AM.png
    527.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 7.07.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 7.07.19 AM.png
    847.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 7.07.20 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 7.07.20 AM.png
    587.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
One more time with pics. Pictures for bigger words, paint by the numbers, connect the dots... :)

Note: Bertram is not the only brand to occasionally have this type irregularity.

This operation is done internally, from mouth to base.

Sometimes tricky to get the drill point started into the fish hole. I use a bright light and look from the pocket side to watch for tool point to start into flash hole. Then turn tool by hand just enough to chamfer the entrance of the flash hole, remove any burrs and standardize the fish hole diameter.

Pics
Bertram brass showing internal flash hole sprue/burr
Lyman tool inserted internally to remove sprue- drill tip of tool showing
Same brass after using tool

IMG_4236.JPG

IMG_4238.JPG

IMG_4237.JPG

Sometimes I just love auto correct! :)

Must be! That's a simple AI/algorithm auto correct function and it's not even Freudian! When inserting the tool into the mouth of the case many times you have to fish for the flash hole in the base of the case. It is a blind probe! :):)

That's the reason I described the method for seeing the end of the drill tip by looking into the primer pocket end under good light :) Otherwise you're fishing for the flash hole or flashing for the fish hole or something! :)

Yes, but the OP has an issue with Bertram Brass (From Aus) not berdan primed brass.

That picture is literally a screen shot of a side by side comparison of boxer vs berdan cases.

Google “boxer vs berdan” push the images button, guess what comes up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxseb

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?