Rare/expensive plains game species

Good to know! However, I'm not going to hunt in Morocco, Sudan or Pakistan for any critters.
Good thing no one said you need to!

Just correcting your incorrect statements about hunting the native range for those species. Because it is possible!

Best

Fossils of barbary sheep have been discovered in the south of Spain and France.

So, they could be considered as native species. In the case of Spain, they have been reintroduced in 1970.

Fossils of barbary sheep have been discovered in the south of Spain and France.

So, they could be considered as native species. In the case of Spain, they have been reintroduced in 1970.
Swimming across the straight!

I hope to visit Spain and Morocco. The history is almost unmatched.

Mountain Nyala and Forrest Elephant are a tad pricey…

HH

View attachment 621688

I am still very pleased and grateful with the male forest sitatunga we killed in May 2024 in the jungles of southeast Cameroon. They get bigger horns than this male but they are extremely shy and difficult to hunt. Some people call them “forest ghosts” or “forest fairies” because they are so elusive and secretive.

We saw a couple of female sitatunga in the jungle also with tan hides instead of the dark chocolate hides like the males. I would also agree that the sitatunga are not as pretty or striking as bongo in the forest. Happy hunting, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

View attachment 621689
This is a lovely beast and I would like the chance to go after one ..your a lucky guy.

I think hunting all of the duikers would be very time consuming and expensive.

I hunted Chad in 2023 on a cancellation but was still the most expensive plains game hunt I’ve ever taken.

It was a great Safari hunting some unusual species such as Western Greater Kudu, Red Fronted Gazelle, Patas Monkey plus a few others.

Zebra duiker in a few West African countries. Probably on the top 10 list of most difficult animals to obtain worldwide. Happy hunting to all, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Zebra duiker in a few West African countries. Probably on the top 10 list of most difficult animals to obtain worldwide. Happy hunting to all, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.
Truly one of the coolest looking animals!!!!

I would love a zebra duiker. But in all seriousness I would like to go after Lord Eland Derby, sitatunga and Bongo if time permits in my lifetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smooy

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available