Random Memories

@Tucketed 's post reminded me. Let there be no doubt, here is a cross section of the greatest generation. My dad is in this pic. They are training for night bombing and possibly to drop another "big one". Two were enough

View attachment 573386
Certainly the greatest generation. So many “heroes” only fighting for their brothers.

Deer camp south central Wyoming. Three days later my hunting buddy (shown in the pic) and I had to chip the tent out of frozen ground, ice and drifted snow. Really high winds preceded the blizzard. I remember hunting one day on a small range of broken granite ridges. I’d occasionally move to the top to glass. The wind was propelling 1/4” granite pebbles over the ridge top. Lucky no major chips in the glass on my binocs. The tent did fine! Quality canvas tents are comfortable and do well in bad conditions if properly rigged.

Nothing spectacular about the photo other than it reminds me of a good deer hunt with a friend and one of my favorite areas in Wyoming. Commiefornians driving through might notice “attractive sounding” place names like Sweetwater Draw, Crook’s Gap or Jeffrey City on a map and might even take a side route to check it out. If so enticed, they don’t even slow down driving through. :):) :)

D42F55C0-C3AB-4AF4-8E5C-F7328E608F46.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought I'd throw out something a little unique...Hunting on the sea can bring some sights that you just can't see anywhere else...
Looking back through this thread and couldn’t help but remember a morning I had at the mouth of the Bon Secour river where it empties into the bay. The wind was blowing about 20 knots so it was too rough to get into the bay. Canvasbacks, scaup and a smattering of other waterfowl pile into the area under these conditions. After killing my limit I noticed a decoy moving up wind, suddenly a bottle nosed dolphin threw the decoy into the air and mullet started jumping everywhere. The whole pod of dolphins began herding the mullet into the shallows and by the time it was all over bald eagles and river otters joined the mullet fest. A sight I will never forget!
View attachment 542072View attachment 542073View attachment 542074

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanieE2464

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]