Rain Outlook - Namibia

Coues106

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Can anyone tell me what the state of rainfall is in Namibia for the last few years and what the outlook is for the next year or two? Specifically asking about the area south of Windhoek. Thanks.

The next “year or two?” That’s a tough one!

I had dinner with an outfitter from the Omaruru area of Namibia right after the DSC show. Omaruru is northwest of WDH. He says they’ve had good rains the last 2 seasons and the forecast this year looked promising.

I do think the rainfall has been below average over the last 10 years with the drought of 4-5 years ago being the low point. Seems cyclical.

The next “year or two?” That’s a tough one!

I had dinner with an outfitter from the Omaruru area of Namibia right after the DSC show. Omaruru is northwest of WDH. He says they’ve had good rains the last 2 seasons and the forecast this year looked promising.

I do think the rainfall has been below average over the last 10 years with the drought of 4-5 years ago being the low point. Seems cyclical.
I heard something similar when I asked a meteorologist friend of mine but wanted to confirm with some people who would have more experience on the ground. Good to hear that things are looking up.

I was southwest of Windhoek this past May. They had tall grass (knee high) and water everywhere, and it actually sprinkled on us one day. From my understanding though, they were just a couple of years out from a very long (9 year?) drought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeDuran

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?