Best Grade Heym 470NE Double Rifle Package

Hate that for you and happy for you at the same time.

What a great deal someone got. Above my price point.

I would not be a good temporary care taker of the piece of art anyway. I would most likely break one or both of the elephant tusks off within a week of owning it.
It was actually nice just to look at and read about its attributes.

Beautiful! Best of luck with the sale!

i just drooled a little bit
(ok... a lot)

It was arguably the nicest rifle I've ever owned. I certainly will be on the search for another one in about two years. I'm on a life plan: zero debt, own everything in my life free and clear, then buy all the guns/toys/cars I want.

I just paid off 20% of my remaining life debts from a single gun sale. Every day I get closer to that goal.

The best part is if you buy good guns, you do just fine in life. I lost not one penny on the gun and in fact, its return on investment was better than any S&P 500 index fund over the past ten year return rate.

The buyer saved 50% of a new gun, I did well, he did well.

Not to disparage any other gun, but had I gone cheap with a sabatti, merkel, chapuis, VC, Searcy, or K-Gun, it wouldn't have been a "free gun on loan" scenario, it would have been a gun I had to lose money on.

So in conclusion, buy investment grade guns and you can enjoy them, keep them, pass them on, or sell them without taking a loss.

They simply won't build the 88, from my understanding @ this time. I don't see it getting any better
What the future holds, God Knows .. Debt Free is piece of mind, no doubt.

Glad I didn't invest in Oriental Rugs ;
This 88 certainly came from a Well-Versed Individual. Many Congrats.

Offering up for sale my beloved Heym 470NE Best Grade Double Rifle.

The gun features 24" barrels, perfectly timed ejectors, a 15" Length of Pull, and weighs exactly 11 pounds scoped. (9lbs, 10 ounces without optic)

The engraving motif has a cape buffalo on the left, rhino on the right, lion on the belly of the action, and it has an elephant as the top lever. The barrels are banded in 24 carat gold and the loaded chamber indicators are also gold. The master engraver, Andreas Scholz did the work, one of two Heym double rifles I'm aware of in which he was the artist. His other known work is on $100,000-$200,000 Krieghoffs and Blasers made for the European market.

The illuminated 1.25-4x Schmidt & Bender optic has a German #4 reticle and an integrated rail mount. The factory installed German claw mounts are EAW and lock and and return to zero flawlessly.

The gun includes at least 14 boxes of custom ammo loaded and regulated by Ken Owen. They include a variety of Woodleigh Solids, Swift A-Frames, and others. The regulation targets from Ken demonstrate exceptional regulation with 4831 and 3031 powders. Due to the significantly lower recoil at sufficient velocity with IMR3031, the loaded ammunition all uses that powder at approximately 2150fps and 58lbs of felt recoil. The gun is an absolute joy to shoot and is a very mild recoiling rifle due to the excellent stock geometry.

In addition to the regulating loads, Ken also adjusted the triggers to perfection. Dan Morgan, a master gunsmith removed the tacky gloss finish on the stock and applied a London non-glare proper finish. The London Orange recoil pad is a soft New England Custom Guns model to further ease recoil.

The gun has been lovingly cared for and has absolutely minimal wear as shown in the photos. It has taken big-5 multiple times in Africa and its a wholly reliable, exceptional quality, one of a kind Heym.

As you may be aware, Heym has put a moratorium on custom order rifles and it would take many years wait and easily $50,000 to reproduce this rifle today. It included every conceivable option and upgrade in its construction. I believe the elephant top lever alone costs approximately $2400 as an option, plus the exhibition quality wood, the exceptional chisel cut engraving by Scholz, and all the other bells and whistles.

No heym of this quality has been offered on this forum before and to my knowledge, no heym of this level of features and finish has been advertised in the USA in the past decade. It has the very best pedigree and service records you could ask for in a modern best grade double rifle, further refining the quality beyond what Heym offered new from the factory.

$38,500 plus shipping & insurance in the continental 48 States. If you'd like to see it in person, I can pick you up at the Minneapolis or Eau Claire airport so you can personally inspect the rifle.

View attachment 528345

View attachment 528346
View attachment 528347
View attachment 528348
View attachment 528349
View attachment 528350View attachment 528351View attachment 528352View attachment 528353
View attachment 528354View attachment 528355View attachment 528356
View attachment 528357View attachment 528358View attachment 528359
View attachment 528360View attachment 528361
View attachment 528362View attachment 528363View attachment 528364View attachment 528365
Beatifull

It was arguably the nicest rifle I've ever owned. I certainly will be on the search for another one in about two years. I'm on a life plan: zero debt, own everything in my life free and clear, then buy all the guns/toys/cars I want.

I just paid off 20% of my remaining life debts from a single gun sale. Every day I get closer to that goal.

The best part is if you buy good guns, you do just fine in life. I lost not one penny on the gun and in fact, its return on investment was better than any S&P 500 index fund over the past ten year return rate.

The buyer saved 50% of a new gun, I did well, he did well.

Not to disparage any other gun, but had I gone cheap with a sabatti, merkel, chapuis, VC, Searcy, or K-Gun, it wouldn't have been a "free gun on loan" scenario, it would have been a gun I had to lose money on.

So in conclusion, buy investment grade guns and you can enjoy them, keep them, pass them on, or sell them without taking a loss.
I’m with you…just became debt free except my house which will take just two more years then I will be there. Semi retired just two months ago now just doing consultant work in my industry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevin375

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?