R.J. Renner Ruger No.1 Light Safari

Mr Renner does very good work. I had him do his magic on my Ruger No1, 275 Rigby. It handles like a dream. I load CEB 130 grain Safari Raptors. It shoots 1 to 1.5 inches at 100, sometimes a little better if I pay attention. It's a wonderful rifle!

Are you shooting with iron sights or scoped?

It shot good before Renner worked on it. Maybe a little better after, he smoothed the trigger up some. I have a Leupold 2-8x36 with a windplex reticle. Also has the streamedlined Trop safety button.

Reactions: WAB
Mr Renner does very good work. I had him do his magic on my Ruger No1, 275 Rigby. It handles like a dream. I load CEB 130 grain Safari Raptors. It shoots 1 to 1.5 inches at 100, sometimes a little better if I pay attention. It's a wonderful rifle!
I can’t offer you feedback on RJ Renner’s Ruger No. 1 modifications. However, I had him reshape and re-checker my Ruger RSM after I had it re-bored and chambered from 416 Rigby to 450 Rigby. I wanted a slimmer forend and sharper comb, as well as a slightly different pistol grip profile that would better fit my hand and shooting style.

He delivered on all counts on time and at a very reasonable price. We spoke on the phone several times before and during the work. He was accessible and responsive.

I’m now finishing up the metalwork on a No. 1 500 NE 3” conversion. I’ve also gotten the stock to near the right shape and I’m considering sending it to Renner for final styling and checkering. I would recommend his work on Number 1s and M77s. He understands the nuances of the classic British style to bring out the best characteristics of the No. 1’s design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GwenBabbid

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.