Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI-Life
Hunted
NH, USA, EC, RSA
Both pressure test loads for the 338 & the 375 are complete. First time loading for the 375.

.338WM- 68-72grs in 0.5 increments of IMR4350 with the 200gr Hornady SST on top

.375H&H- 64.5-68.5grs in 0.5 increments of IMR4320 with a 300gr Hornady DGS on top

IMG_1969.jpeg

Nothing like building a sliding scale of loads to find the perfect sweet spot!!!

I got my work cut out for me... Just picked up a Sako L61R 30-06 so that is on deck along with my Sako L57 7mm-08(used to be a .243). Really trying to hone in on all these Sakos I have as they all shoot damn well.

I've got 3 of the old Sakos...7x57, 338 win mag and 375 H&H. Great rifles.

I've got 3 of the old Sakos...7x57, 338 win mag and 375 H&H. Great rifles.

My hunting rifles are pretty much all Sako. It appears we have very similar taste. I got spoiled when the 7mm-08 was gifted to me from my stepfather when I was 16 or so. I had a choice between it and if I remember correctly a .257 Robert’s, which I do not recall the make as it was many moons ago, and I would not change it. The line up as follows:

Sako L57 7mm-08 (formerly.243)
Sako L61R 30-06
Sako L61R 338WM (performed very well on PG)
Sako AV 375H&H

Those are the exact models I have with old school Redfield scopes. Fun stuff.

I like old Sakos. I have a full stock 308 and a Deluxe 7mm Rem mag.
Me too. I use them so mine are not collectors for sure but they are in great shape for their age, which in most cases they are older than I am.

I've only hunted mine here in the States. I don't want to travel far with them as they were gifts long ago and can't be replaced.

I count among the most satisfying things I enjoy that of turning out a batch of handloads. Any time I do so is another great day (y) :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miisoo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]