Questions about the Golden Wildebeest

Well, they are blue wildebeest, in every genetic sense, other than a small color variation. While I can appreciate their beauty, the whole scheme of "making" designer animals to meet demand runs counter to my perception of hunting wild animals in their natural state, in their natural environment. Admittedly, lots of other parts about hunting encroach on that ideal too (high fence, selective breeding for horn size, put/take operations, mineral supplementation, predator removal, and the list goes on). Some parts of it are more palatable (to me) than others.
Those are my thoughts too. I’m fine with a fence if it’s used to create/protect natural and sustainable conditions inside, but seeing a golden wildebeest, kings wildebeest, black impala, saddle back impala etc especially large numbers of them is just an immediate sign it’s unnatural conditions to me and would lessen my experience. I’m glad the craze never migrated to Namibia.

Guess I wasn't following the situation that closely. I've done all of my Africa hunting in Namibia. Started there many years ago and haven't had a reason to change. Seems a bit like the tulip craze all those years ago in Holland.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlaAnge

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We have been very busy hunting! Lots of pictures and videos in process!

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here