Question About Boots

I have spent a boatload on boots over the years. I even had a custom pair of Courtney‘s in hippo that I hunted with on four different safaris. For some reason, my feet have either grown or simply cannot use the Courtney boots anymore. On a Safari last year, after a couple weeks of wearing them (my feet were aching) which required me to switch boots.
After having multiple different companies send me boots to try out I settled on Keen Targhee IV Waterproof Hiking Boots.
My feet felt great and no more pain after miles of walking in them with over a month on Safari.

HH

I bought a pair of the Jim greens last year in Pretoria as well. I have liked them and wear them much more than I have my Courtney’s. I ended up selling my lugged Courtney Selous boots to a local guy who loves them. They just never fit me perfectly 100%. I took the Jim greens to Africa this past summer and they were perfectly fine and comfy. My only regret was changing the insoles last minute before I left. That was absolutely a stupid DA thing to do. I ended up taking the new inserts out after day 2, and using what came with them and they worked perfectly fine! However as we were headed to airport we stopped at Cabanas or some curio store in Jburg. They had a set of the Courtney safari in the two tone in my size. I tried them on and dang they fit better, so they came home…

I think Courtney boots are very comfortable and lightweight but not very durable . While buff hunting in Australia’s NT the glue holding on the rubber sole of a fairly new pair of Courtney boots failed mid stalk and left me flapping around for a whole afternoon. Once I got back to camp I wrapped gaffer tape right around the boot and carried on . Very disappointing a bad fail . I still own a few pairs of Courtney’s but I don’t hunt in them anymore .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcfjghjkg02

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better