Wade J VanGinkel

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Once again as a direct result of being a member here I purchased a rifle I couldn't live without. This makes 4 now.
.275 rigby on a military mauser action
Ruger African in 6.5x55
Whitworth 375
And now a Ruger MKII in 7x64
I waited 6 weeks hoping someone else would buy it at my local cabelas but finally gave in.
Mounting a scope this week and excited to get it going.
As a side note I've found remington 175gr online for only $20 a box so loaded up on some of those to get started.

Screenshot_20240717_135320_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! I been wanting a 7x64 for
some reason. been onsiderinn a mannlicher MCA but the M77 is a nice classic looking rifle.

a nice collection. i just acquired a 6.5x55 African as well.

Once again as a direct result of being a member here I purchased a rifle I couldn't live without. This makes 4 now.
.275 rigby on a military mauser action
Ruger African in 6.5x55
Whitworth 375
And now a Ruger MKII in 7x64
I waited 6 weeks hoping someone else would buy it at my local cabelas but finally gave in.
Mounting a scope this week and excited to get it going.
As a side note I've found remington 175gr online for only $20 a box so loaded up on some of those to get started.

View attachment 622091
I saw that one and had it on my "Watch" list, Congratulations. It looked like a nice rifle.

I saw that one and had it on my "Watch" list, Congratulations. It looked like a nice rifle.
Just a note. I'd been told cabelas would deal on used guns. They came down $300 pretty easily when I pushed on the price.
Plus I had to make a 100 mile drive twice to get it.

Just a note. I'd been told cabelas would deal on used guns. They came down $300 pretty easily when I pushed on the price.
Plus I had to make a 100 mile drive twice to get it.
Usually when I contact Cabelas about one of their online guns I get one of the following responses:

That gun sold yesterday ...
We can not find that gun ...
The guy that deals with the online sales is on vacation ...

Purchased a Styer-Mannlicher “Professional” (synthetic stock) over 40 years ago with a Zeiss variable scope. Came standard with a set trigger, hammer forged barrel with all metal parts treated with a military grade finish that, after several moose/caribou hunts in northern Newfoundland, and decades of occasional hunting, showed no degradation whatever. The rifle/cartridge is one on the most accurate I own and shoots better than I do. Great cartridge, flatter and a bit more powerful than a 7x57 with minimal recoil. Love it. Enjoy yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hefty Jefe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.