Nhoro

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe
Just a general discussion about how popular it is to have your hunt videoed by a pro. Do you have any specific preferences in the process.

Do you request 4K video or normal HD ?

Do you talk in the video ie like you are presenting your own hunting show or do you just want a record of the hunt ?

Just a general discussion about how popular it is to have your hunt videoed by a pro. Do you have any specific preferences in the process.

Do you request 4K video or normal HD ?

Do you talk in the video ie like you are presenting your own hunting show or do you just want a record of the hunt ?

I had my recent June safari filmed by African Safari Films. They are finishing up editing right now. They recorded the hunt as how it happened, 14 days of it. When pictures were done we did film a recap of the hunt sitting with the animal. Cant wait to see final edited film. It will be posted to their YouTube when done.

Just make sure you get a professional to do it....I had a few stalks screwed up on DG due to "cameraman" gave me a permanent dislike in having one on the hunt....especially when they are consistantly late in the morning....left a few behind....
These were from the outfitter for promotional footage and not ordered by the client I might add....they learnt pretty quick to rather go with the other PH which suited me in most cases....

20210510_095850.jpg

Yes IvW - professional should always include on time and skilled at his job. Not someones wifes cousin who thinks it might be fun to go film someone shooting buffalo so he has something to boast about at the pub.

I am guessing those kind of professionals don't last long in the business.

Just got my finished video. It's on YouTube. Search Mike's First African Adventure.

How to Add Audio in VN Video Editor
I'm going to take a stab at trying to video my hunts this coming season. I was wondering what you guys are using on your computers to edit your vids and add music title screens etc. not looking for anything professional just easy to use and have fun with it.

I have had 7 of my safaris professionally filmed. My only regret is not having that done on the other 2. I have used iGala Prodictions and been happy with them. All my camera people have been professional and I have had 5 different camera people. The last two have also been licensed PH’s with the most recent one also certified for DG.

I insisted on 4K footage and ended up buying my own kit to make sure I have the 4K gear available for me. I bring home a copy of all raw footage with me to watch until I get my Final Cut and can recut the footage in the future should I wish in the future.

I would recommend the same level of diligence with your camera crew as with your PH/outfitter and have the conversation of what kind of hunt video you are looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GuillermoC

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.