Primer for 375 H&H

And hence the head spinning. You'd think there'd be a simple conversion formula since both are measuring pressure, but there isn't. So I simply don't even follow pressure tables very much. While the typical pressure signs (flattened primers, sticky bolts, extractor marks) are somewhat crude and from what I've read exhibit only well after "high" pressure has been exceeded, I use them along with my chronograph to tell me when I'm reaching a point where I need to back off.

The pressure tables are a nice reference point, but in my opinion they're only that and should not be taken as gospel truth one way or another as either safe or dangerous. Each and every load combination (brass, primer, powder - type and weight, bullet) is different for each rifle, or should be at least assumed so. What is too high a pressure in one rifle may be perfectly fine in another.

My understanding of the matter is that:

Where the piezo and c.u.p. (l.u.p. for low pressure rounds) expansion measurements are taken from the same point on the cartridge case, it is possible to extrapolate data;

BUT,

Where the measurements are taken from different points, which apparently is the case with at least one testing regime in the U.S.A., data cannot be extrapolated.

It is also my understanding that the C.I.P., which operates under the supervision of the Belgian Parliament, kept everything the same except for the change from lead/copper slugs to piezo sensors.
 
Have you guys ever tried Reloader 15, Iv'e got some pretty tight groups using 63.5gs with a 270Gr bullet ,altho I haven't chrono'd them yet

Encore375Target.jpg


RL-15 is all I've ever used in my 375 H&H Magnum. The above target is 200 yards with a handgun.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,361
Members
169,539
Latest member
ErnestGaw
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top