Pressure signs

In all reality there is nothing wrong with a 250 grain .348 bullet at 2190 fps. The Barnes load data has their 250 grain bullet at 2208 and 2308 fps with different powders and I usually like to back off from max loads that are listed in manuals when I am loading for my lever actions. Also not knocking your choice of powder but I can't find any load data for Allient RL-19 for the .348 Winchester and 250 grain bullets.

Most people can not afford the type of pressure measuring equipment that you would need for a metallic cartridge. Even most manufactures will not tell you what the pressures that they are achieving but only say that it is within SAMI standards.

Pressure measuring equipment can run into the $1000s. Just read the full thread. Get QuickLoad. It is awesome. While it can predict possible ballistics, it can't tell you anything more than common sense and a good application of reloading know how already will. I have used QL and a good set of digital calipers, a notebook, and chronograph for a few projects with different powder/ bullet combinations that aren't listed in any manuals. It has served me well.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread, I've been away with work.

Thanks for all the replies and advice.

That pressure measuring gear Grumulkin linked to looks pretty interesting.
QL is something I've had my eye on for sometime now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LenoreGari

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com