Pre 64 Model 70

Ivorygrip

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Well the time has come, I am needing to sell this to fund other things.
looking at a move so I am pairing down on things…

I'm sure someone will find great joy in this.
By the records this gun was born in 1947 and it is still in its original condition today, chambered in 30 govt’ 06.
I have put about 65 rounds thru the rifle and it shoots great…
Below you can see pictures of some groups.
I settled on two different loads, the primary being the 180gr Swift Scirocco and for the second somthing a little different, the 180gr CEB solid. Strangely enough I lucked out and they had the same point of impact at 100 yds as my Scirocco load. Pretty cool to have the ability to switch between the two for well ya know, stuff…
All pictured groups were shot at 100yds.
If the buyer wants the load data I will share it with the full disclosure that these loads were made with my powder and components.

The rifling is crisp and the barrel feels very slick. Always cleaned it with a Nylon brush and bore tec eliminator.
The finish is worn and the stock has marks and scratches on it. I tried to show them the best I can in pictures.
Its ready to take the trip across the pond and shoot critters of all shapes and sizes or whatever use you have for one of the most versatile chamberings ever

Buying options
The gun is located in Tucson Az, if you can do a FTF deal $1175
If you want me to ship the gun I can send it to your FFL insured In a really cool Padded Hard sided Hyem case (pictured) for $1300 (the insurance has gone up alot..)

Thanks…

IMG_8236.jpeg
IMG_8237.jpeg
IMG_8238.jpeg
IMG_8239.jpeg
IMG_8240.jpeg
IMG_8241.jpeg
IMG_8242.jpeg
IMG_8244.jpeg
IMG_8248.jpeg
IMG_8249.jpeg
IMG_8235.jpeg
IMG_8234.jpeg
IMG_8233.jpeg
IMG_8250.jpeg

Nice gun that's certainly been used. Bluing looks pretty rough and the pad is certainly not original to the gun. Almost looked like first 2 numbers engraved on that bolt don't match serial number on gun, but could be wrong. I suspect you may have to move price to commensurate a sale, because at that price you could buy a newish model 70 in better condition. I don't think collector value is there for a pre 64 30-06 in that that shape. Just my opinion though....

If anyone else has doubts about the serial numbers not matching up here is a better picture...
My apologies on the lighting of the last one.
Didn’t think that would be an issue…….

By all means feel free to make a offer.

Thanks for all the PM interest.
It’s still available.

IMG_8265.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ladywolfmoonMilton

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.