Pre-64 300 H&H scope rings

akrifleman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Long Range Shooters of Alaska, Alaska Rifle Club, SCI, AK Wild Sheep, PRS, PRS22, NRA RSO
Hunted
South Africa, AK, SD, NC, GA, FL, WY
I have a pre-64 with a very old scope. I'm looking to update it with a modern scope which is more likely to be a 34+ tube and I'd prefer a one piece.

The common answer is a rail, but I'm curious if there is something like the old Redfield ones that are only 1"

I'm thinking the Alphahunter by NEAR Mfg may be the best choice?

I love the Leupold Dual Dovetail mounts and rings on all my Winchesters.

Classic, beautiful and my scopes never move.

Before you buy anything measure your hole spacing. I had a Pre64 300H&H that a smith drilled and tapped the back receiver bridge (only the front was factory drilled and tapped) and used a different hole spacing. He drilled it for whatever spare 2pc base he had on the bench (front Rem 700). I learned this the hard way trying to find a 1pc to fit it, then finding 2pc bases. I’ve got a drawer full of sets I bought and forgot to return until I was smart enough to measure.

That said, if they’re the same spacing, I love the Talley QR’s but I think your choice will work.

Before you buy anything measure your hole spacing. I had a Pre64 300H&H that a smith drilled and tapped the back receiver bridge (only the front was factory drilled and tapped) and used a different hole spacing. He drilled it for whatever spare 2pc base he had on the bench (front Rem 700). I learned this the hard way trying to find a 1pc to fit it, then finding 2pc bases. I’ve got a drawer full of sets I bought and forgot to return until I was smart enough to measure.

That said, if they’re the same spacing, I love the Talley QR’s but I think your choice will work.
That is a very good point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLyall

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa