Praise and Thanks

etsonaut

Gold supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC, WSF
I joined this forum in December of last year and I must say that I am extremely surprised and pleased by the overall positivity and support shared among the members. It is so very different from many other enthusiast forums (exotic cars, watches, etc..). Most everyone is kind, complimentary and willing to share their knowledge for the benefit of others. It is a pleasure and privilege to be a part of this group. It's too bad society doesn't function like this group. Much appreciation to the group from a forum newbie and soon to be African Hunting rookie.

Congrats on going to Africa! Where are you headed?

Wish you the best on your hunt :D Cheers:

Best of luck on your safari! I’ve also been impressed and pleased with the friendliness and support of my fellow AHers. I think it must have something to do with the smoke from mopani camp fires. Hard to be a jerk once you sit around a few of them.

I joined this forum in December of last year and I must say that I am extremely surprised and pleased by the overall positivity and support shared among the members. It is so very different from many other enthusiast forums (exotic cars, watches, etc..). Most everyone is kind, complimentary and willing to share their knowledge for the benefit of others. It is a pleasure and privilege to be a part of this group. It's too bad society doesn't function like this group. Much appreciation to the group from a forum newbie and soon to be African Hunting rookie.

I echo your thoughts on this group of eccentrics that found their comfort together amidst cigars, double rifles and pith helmets. With the occasional excess on the politics section :D

You must know however by now, that the price of admission is a hunt report! So about 80days from now we are expecting an update on your adventures!

“I envy only one man, he who is about to hunt in Africa for the first time”

There are watch forums too?? Who needs social media when you have all these forums

Have a great first hunt!

Congratulations estonaut on your upcoming safari. There's really nothing like your first African hunt. If you're like many of us, you'll be planning on the next one before you get home.

That Lupo will probably be going to Africa on my 7th trip in August.

I echo your thoughts on this group of eccentrics that found their comfort together amidst cigars, double rifles and pith helmets. With the occasional excess on the politics section :D

You must know however by now, that the price of admission is a hunt report! So about 80days from now we are expecting an update on your adventures!

“I envy only one man, he who is about to hunt in Africa for the first time”
I will most certainly meet that obligation with pleasure and honor. And pictures, lots of pictures.

Congrats on the upcoming hunt and I agree with you. I leave tomorrow for my 1st African hunt and it would not have been possible without the information shared on this site and much needed advice from Mark Biggerstaff and others.

African rookie, will soon be African hunter, enjoy.

Good to hear. Lots of folks on this forum who are willing to share their thoughts and giving you advice. Enjoy your hunt, the planning and longing for Africa is already part of it.

:S Welcome:

Welcome aboard, straight shootin' and good luck on your first Africa safari. Look forward to the report and pics.

All the best on your hunt, we look forward to the hunt report!

In February of 2023 I made my plans for my 1st ever trip to Africa. In March of 2023 I found this site. I leave for that 1st ever African trip in exactly 50 hours from now. The past 16 months I have spent on this site have been invaluable. Which animals do I hunt, who does the taxidermy, what boots do I wear, what do I pack, what bino's should I get. The list is endless. I am so much more prepared for this trip than I would have been without this site.

In February of 2023 I made my plans for my 1st ever trip to Africa. In March of 2023 I found this site. I leave for that 1st ever African trip in exactly 50 hours from now. The past 16 months I have spent on this site have been invaluable. Which animals do I hunt, who does the taxidermy, what boots do I wear, what do I pack, what bino's should I get. The list is endless. I am so much more prepared for this trip than I would have been without this site.
Good luck on your first of maybe many African hunts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidTaine

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?