Votes: 34 50.7%
  • Post 64

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Pre FN CRF (model 70 classic)

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • FN CRF

Votes: 22 32.8%

• Total voters
My model 70 classic is the most accurate rifle I have shooting under 1/2 inch at 100 yards with simple reloads
IMG_0863.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG

The Model 70 has always been "the" gun for me.
I have an 30-06 featherweight.
I had a pre-64 .300 that I sold years ago, and every time I see one sell I cry a little. I thought I got an insane price for mine, but they've tripled and quadrupled since then.
Grandpa had one in a 25-06, .243, 30-06 and few other calibers too probably. He was constantly buying and selling guns.

The Model 70 has always been "the" gun for me.
I have an 30-06 featherweight.
I had a pre-64 .300 that I sold years ago, and every time I see one sell I cry a little. I thought I got an insane price for mine, but they've tripled and quadrupled since then.
Grandpa had one in a 25-06, .243, 30-06 and few other calibers too probably. He was constantly buying and selling guns.
I did not know they made anything but pre 64!! Bought my first one 50 years ago and headed to Alaska. Then a 270 FW, and a 300 H&H. Dad had several we divided up and I got standard 270 and a 257 Roberts. So fortunate. Thats all I know-pre 64 is tops.

I can’t really say that I don’t like the other models, but I have 7 (?…let me count) of the “Classics” from New Haven. Of those, my favorites are the Classic Stainless, of which I have four.

I had a 7mm-08 BACO, which left me a little cold. Sold it because I had a 7mm-08 Classic Compact and decided that I didn’t need the BACO.

My most recent is a Safari Express in 416 Rem Mag - haven’t shot that one yet. I would still like an Alaskan in 375 H&H - especially in Stainless, if they made them.

Custom African Express would be my “dream” rifle, other than some kind of a double anyway. I have considered having my Safari express restocked with a drop magazine to kind of duplicate the African Express. Don’t really care about leaf sights on a 416.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghdhdfgsdf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well