Politics

Couldn’t agree more! Those who write ballot questions have gotten very good at constructing the questions in a way to bias the outcome. Some are a verifiable torture of the English language constructed for no reason other than to deceive for a desired outcome.
Here was the exact wording of the ballot measure to repeal the gas tax increase in 2018:

Eliminates Recently Enacted Road Repair and Transportation Funding by Repealing Revenues Dedicated for those Purposes. Requires any Measure to Enact Certain Vehicle Fuel Taxes and Vehicle Fees be Submitted to and Approved by the Electorate. Initiative Constitutional Amendment.”

Which isn’t too difficult to parse if one is somewhat educated or pays attention to elections but that’s obviously more the exception than the rule.

What Becerra chose to not say was “repeal the gas tax” in language that the majority of voters could easily understand.

And this not what we were hoping for....if correct going to cause some instability in countries around here....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BetsyMouto

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia