Politics

Interestingly Trump, despite what his people says, feels immigration is a more important issue than economy in order for people to vote for him.

immigration is the economy its all tied together, ever heard of cheap labor, its what china has.

Back to climate change for a moment. The Washington Post highlighted the chart below as a "warning" with respect to increasing global temperatures, and of course, man's guilt in that increase. Color me a simpleton, but the chart tells me something entirely different. From what I see, the global mean is considerably warmer than today - a whole lot warmer. In fact, as the article notes, humans emerged during one of the coldest periods in the earth's history. Unlike the article, I think it is a form of extreme hubris that we can somehow keep the planet's temperature at that low point. Perhaps a far better use of our resources and intellect would be better spent upon strategies to prosper in the coming warmer planet.

The chart numerology does not print, but it begins at 485 million years ago. The expanded segment covers the past 20,000 years. The Post article and their conclusions are linked below.
timeline-03-humans-medium.jpg

And I thought his Concerts were Long! .. He's "Born To Run" the Country in the Ground. And we'll all be "Dancing In The Dark" soon ;)

The Climate Change scam has been rolled into the “Great Reset” and the Davos Economic Forum agenda. This is now the driving force of these zealots. They are dictating how most businesses operate.

If you wonder why Bud lite, Harley Davison went Woke. Look no further than the World Economic Forum. And the “Great Reset

Last edited:
The Climate Change scam has been rolled into the “Great Reset” and the Davos Economic Forum agenda. This is now the driving force of these zealots. They are dictating how most businesses operate.

If you wonder why Bud lite, Harley Davison went Woke. Look no further than the World Economic Forum. And the “Great Reset

Have a good short video with a girl listing all the " end of the world as we know it scenarios " going from I think the 1970s....oil was going to run out...acid rain was going to kill everything....etc etc etc finishing with " climate change "....she said you might have noticed none of these actually came about...but the one thing they have in common is governments raised taxes with each one....and why....to save the planet....don't know where it came from so can't get link to post it

Back to climate change for a moment. The Washington Post highlighted the chart below as a "warning" with respect to increasing global temperatures, and of course, man's guilt in that increase. Color me a simpleton, but the chart tells me something entirely different. From what I see, the global mean is considerably warmer than today - a whole lot warmer. In fact, as the article notes, humans emerged during one of the coldest periods in the earth's history. Unlike the article, I think it is a form of extreme hubris that we can somehow keep the planet's temperature at that low point. Perhaps a far better use of our resources and intellect would be better spent upon strategies to prosper in the coming warmer planet.

The chart numerology does not print, but it begins at 485 million years ago. The expanded segment covers the past 20,000 years. The Post article and their conclusions are linked below.
View attachment 640336

That's just it--the scare is from models projected by climatologists. The actual history of highs and lows does not lead to the same conclusions. History is real, models are only guesses.

My view in this climate change scenario is clean and efficient energy rather than anything else. That means getting rid of coal burning power plants and replacing them with nuclear or natural gas. Containing/reducing emissions of byproducts that are harmful.

An example, I was involved in a project in SF some years back. They were flaring methane gas from their waste treatment plant. We converted that gas to use it as fuel instead of natural gas for their IC engine on site that was generating power.

My view in this climate change scenario is clean and efficient energy rather than anything else. That means getting rid of coal burning power plants and replacing them with nuclear or natural gas. Containing/reducing emissions of byproducts that are harmful.

An example, I was involved in a project in SF some years back. They were flaring methane gas from their waste treatment plant. We converted that gas to use it as fuel instead of natural gas for their IC engine on site that was generating power.
This would be great but even if we were to go 100% clean energy tomorrow it wouldn’t do any good while most of the rest of the world (mainly Asia) does absolutely nothing to reduce their use of dirty energy.

Tell that to China about coal.

View attachment 640336

I'd have to go digging for the exact data, but of the last 4 interglacial periods we've had, the one we're currently in has either the lowest or 2nd lowest increase in temps. The 3 preceding the one we're currently in well precede the Pleistocene, so 10s or 100s of thousands of years before the use of subterranean organic compounds as an energy source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BaileyC82

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!