Politics

Bob Woodward´s new book "War" is being published the coming tuesday.. In that book Mark Milley call Trump a "Total facist".. Thats strong words coming from a General who worked close over a longer period with him..

Bob Woodward´s new book "War" is being published the coming tuesday.. In that book Mark Milley call Trump a "Total facist".. Thats strong words coming from a General who worked close over a longer period with him..
General Milley lost a lot of respect with the Afghanistan withdrawal and the decision to abandon equipment. Trump has a sound bite going around on that subject that is hard to disagree with.
Now, years later, the equipment left is being seen conpletely operational in China, and in the hands of various other designated terror groups. 90 billion founded to terror groups.

There are a lot in the veteran community that still feel slighted at the administrations handling of the withdrawal and aftermath and how no officer truly took ownership and resigned.

There is also little faith left in high ranking intelligence officials and Washington personel after 50 signed a letter in 2020 stating Hunters laptop was Russian collusion and then 3 years later the government enters that same laptop into official evidence against Hunter Biden. No accountability on their outright lying to the American people to literally influence and election.

Shawn Ryan's Episode with Sgt Tyler Vargas who survived the explosion at Abbeyate during the withdrawal paints another picture entirely. It's gut wrenching to hear how much those servicemen and women were failed.

@Red Leg - have you heard anything about this?

Well crap, for some reason this board's software doesn't want to expand the link.

a headline for those suspicious of clicking random "MSN" links (and good on you if you are suspicious).

1728822061064.png

Last edited:
I didn't make any claims on CO2 causing or not causing changing climate. I didn't make any claims as to if CO2 is a pollutant. I made not commentary what so ever on climate change, let alone whatever the drivers of it may be. It's not the topic of the post and I'm not sure why you jumped to that conclusion.

What I am talking about, is if humans, or any other organism, can measurably change the long term conditions on Earth. On that topic, I am claiming that it is undeniable that plant or animal activity on Earth CAN measurably change the level of atmospheric gases, both CO2 and oxygen. That is simple fact. It has happened many times, most notably with the advent of photosynthesis.

The carboniferous was not an oxidation event. It was a CO2 sequestration event. Which is what I said.

The 'Great Oxidation Event' (so named in literature - link: https://asm.org/articles/2022/february/the-great-oxidation-event-how-cyanobacteria-change) relates to the oxidation of the atmosphere due to the advent of photosynthetic bacteria, roughly 3bn years BEFORE the Carboniferous.

It is the exact OPPOSITE of what happens on Mars, or anywhere else in the solar system, which involves the REMOVAL of O2 from the atmosphere into oxides, in Mars' case primarily ferrous oxides, which is why Mars is red, and has basically no atmospheric oxygen to speak of (approx 1/10,000 of the level on Earth). I agree it's a confusing term because we typically think of 'oxidation' in terms of oxidizing metals or minerals, which is not what the event describes.

Overall, I think we're speaking across each other here, or you've misinterpreted what I've written. Hopefully this clarifies my position!

Of course the planet is changing, it has been long before we walked here. The impact of humans will be so minuscule over the course of billions of years, we may not even register as a major event.

Humans do not create energy. Productive or destructive. All of the energy seen as destructive was already here. We have only redirected it or transferred it to work. It will go back to its original form eventually.

As a tiny minute example of the damage we cause. Look at the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010. It pumped high pressure crude into the gulf for months. At the time. Environmentalists proclaimed doomsday and the gulf sea life and shore would be permanently damaged.
The ocean chewed the minor nuisance up and spit it out. 14 years later you may find a blob somewhere on the bottom. Which by the way happens without man’s help. The gulf burps oil blobs. So in one billion years do you think the BP oil spill will be noticeable. Now add all of man’s impact over another 1000 years. We may have left. It may be traceable 10 billion years from now. Like other forms of life that have come and gone.

But my point is. The planet does not care. It will be just fine until the one of the known several major events occur . iE The Sun, the earths core, the poles reverse again. asteroids ETC. Real destructive power.

The earth will not be drastically changed or destroyed by mere humans.

Maybe I am wrong and the experts in Davos like John Kerry and Fink can change the climate of the earth if we give them our money and dominion over us.

General Milley lost a lot of respect with the Afghanistan withdrawal and the decision to abandon equipment. Trump has a sound bite going around on that subject that is hard to disagree with.
Now, years later, the equipment left is being seen conpletely operational in China, and in the hands of various other designated terror groups. 90 billion founded to terror groups.

There are a lot in the veteran community that still feel slighted at the administrations handling of the withdrawal and aftermath and how no officer truly took ownership and resigned.

There is also little faith left in high ranking intelligence officials and Washington personel after 50 signed a letter in 2020 stating Hunters laptop was Russian collusion and then 3 years later the government enters that same laptop into official evidence against Hunter Biden. No accountability on their outright lying to the American people to literally influence and election.

Shawn Ryan's Episode with Sgt Tyler Vargas who survived the explosion at Abbeyate during the withdrawal paints another picture entirely. It's gut wrenching to hear how much those servicemen and women were failed.
I should start by noting I am not a Milley fan, but perhaps not for the reasons some would perhaps assume. Afghanistan is not one of them. The military plans and executes operations based upon the guidance provided by civilian authority. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs plays no part in such planning. He is not even in the chain of command of the primary planning headquarters, which in this case was CENTCOM. All the initial COAs provided the administration by CENTCOM then commanded by General Kenneth McKenzie, Jr (USMC) called for either retaining a footprint in Bagram or having it be the last portal for withdrawal.

None of those COAs met the administration's timeline for withdrawal or the requirement to remove all US forces. Moreover, the administration had to actually order the beginning of the withdrawal through the State Department which was then the lead agency in Afghanistan. CENTCOM could take no overt action until that order was given. Once the executive branch decided to not leave a residual force and once the order was finally given in mid-August, the only way to meet the withdrawal timeline was to close Bagram first and then conduct the final evacuation through Kabul.

McKenzie has repeatedly stated both in testimony and in interviews that as the overall commander of the operation he "alone bears full military responsibility for what happened at Abbey Gate," That is being a good soldier - or in this case marine. But military leadership can only operate within the constraints provided by civilian leadership. I also place a lot of the blame on Secretary of Defense Austin who has carried the term "deference" to new heights of ineffectiveness. Probably due to his military service, but also his personality, he seems either incapable or unable to exercise a strong military voice within the administration - Afghanistan and Ukraine provide the most obvious examples.

The collapse of the Afghanistan Armed Forces obviously further complicated the withdrawal. The vast majority of the equipment left behind had already been or was going to be transferred to the Afghanistan. With the collapse of the Afghan resistance, there was no way to retrieve the material from around the country nor any ally to receive the material not yet issued. Additionally, there was no mechanism within the withdrawal timeline to withdraw any of the major equipment items from Bagram.

However, very little of it was of any real defense value to the United States or one of our adversaries. The armored vehicles were primarily armored recon vehicles not in the US inventory and already operated by the Afghan Army and around 70 mine resistant vehicles (MRAP) which are nothing more than heavily armored trucks. Most of them were disabled.

Around 150 aircraft were "left behind," but again the vast majority were already being operated by the Afghan Armed Forces. 32 of those, which we had provided, were MI 17 helicopters of Soviet design. Some Blackhawks were left, but their maintenance is very demanding and during the Taliban's recent parade at Bagram, the overflight was by the MI 17s.

The most worrisome thing to me was the night vision equipment with which we had equipped Afghan forces for years. They would have value to a terrorist organization.

None of this equipment is of any particular intelligence interest to China or Russia.

Which is a long way around to @Pondoro's observation. I think it would be a mistake to entirely discount Milley's assessment of Trump. He was there and none of us were. However, I do believe that there is an enormous level of animosity between them, and whatever Trump's obvious failings - particularly between 3 November and 6 January - senior uniformed leadership has a responsibility in our republic to neither like or dislike any political leader. I believe that animosity affected Milley and does to this day. I would suggest I am not alone in that professional judgement.

I think that animosity also led Milley to far too readily embrace some of the more radical goals of the new administration. That is where my issues with him really begin. He had the opportunity to defend the military as an institution with respect to its tradition of providing opportunity and recognizing merit. Instead, he chose to pander to much of the Woke nonsense then blossoming in Washington. It is from that breach of faith with the institution, that the military currently suffers and will require time to overcome.

Last edited:
Do we really care if Tim Walz hunts pheasant.

If he does. Does that make him a good person. Does it make him one of us ?

We are being led into the wrong talking points of this discussion.

Let’s all agree he drives a pickup, hunts pheasant and is a war hero.

Who cares !! He’s a Marist at best. And has Facist tendencies.

Benito Mussolini was an avid sportsman. And a talented Facist

Walz just demonstrates that being in the military and being a hunter alone doesn't mean squat.

But, but, come on he made sure adolescent boys had access to tampons! Definition of machismo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FletcherHa

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.