Politics

Red Leg, the debate is not if the planet has warmed. Everyone knows the planet has warmed and cooled many times. Where I am currently sitting. 10,000 years ago there were glaciers 2 miles deep.

The scam is that the left is telling us they can halt that warming trend. Which is as silly as anyone stating the government controls the weather.

One message is known by serious people to be ridiculous. the other by politicians, seeks to gain cash and control.

Last edited:
Red Leg, the debate is not if the planet has warmed. Everyone knows the planet has warmed and cooled many times. Where I am currently sitting. 10,000 years ago there were glaciers 2 miles deep.

The scam is that the left is telling us they can halt that warming trend. Which is as silly as anyone stating the government controls the weather.

One message is known by serious people to be ridiculous, the other, by politicians seeks to gain control.
I truly understand everything you are saying. But these represent examples of two very different things. One is a poli/scientific debate and the other wildeyed lunacy - a conclusion pretty much equally shared left and right.

Most of the scientific community is in fact in agreement that human activity is contributing to the pace of that warming. Would more open debate be welcome on those conclusions? Absolutely. But resolving that is a political not scientific issue - or perhaps also a partially economic one thanks to Elon Musk.

However, we do have political mechanisms to control how and to what degree government responds to any scientific analysis (Covid is another example). To date, the right has been losing control of those mechanisms, and the left has been taking advantage of that failure. That is a political issue, and it requires a political solution not just bellyaching about the evil left.

The point I am simply making is that debate, grounded upon scientific analysis, is in no way comparable to the absolute nonsense being spewed by MTG and Alex Jones, and too many people on both sides can't tell the difference.

I completely disagree with your narrative. They are equally foolish. But! MTG is a fringe lunatic with no lasting impact.

However the Davos Economic Forum, Black Rock and their ilk will have a drastic impact on your daily life in the near future. Not my opinion. It’s happening. I am in the process of filling out a very lengthy annual evaluation. mandatory to get a respectable ESG score to get capital. from the likes of Black rock. These are not esoteric discussions. If you don’t play by the “Davos rules” and answer these ESG surveys correctly you either do not get loans or your interest rates are prohibitive.

It’s just another example of human arrogance to think we will have any lasting impact on the planet

Even if you unleashed every nuke on the planet, burned every bit of carbon available.

it wouldn’t be a fraction of the impact that the tectonic plate shift had, asteroids, heating and cooling periods , the magnetic pole reversals.

The planet will eventually shrug us off like a case of the sniffles.

I have no idea how much of this is true or false, though Fox News debunked the C-17 story (31:50) this evening. I think it is pretty clear that the current administration mirrored the Bush administration when confronted with such an unexpected catastrophe - in this case hundreds of miles from the coast. I seem to remember Bush also monopolizing airspace as he stared earnestly at New Orleans out the window of Air Force One.

The real take away from this is the importance of state and local leadership, preparation, and execution. I would suggest Florida offers a case study in how to be prepared and exploit federal support, and North Carolina and Louisiana (Katrina) the opposite.
We are seeing nothing from the MSM like we saw with Katrina and 24hr revolving coverage about GWB and his abandonment of Louisiana ….. while Blanco did nothing.

The only negative thing we’re seeing is Joe Biden going on air to tie Kamala to his decisions; which is priceless!

We are seeing nothing from the MSM like we saw with Katrina and 24hr revolving coverage about GWB and his abandonment of Louisiana ….. while Blanco did nothing.

The only negative thing we’re seeing is Joe Biden going on air to tie Kamala to his decisions; which is priceless!
About that, I agree absolutely. But some of the outrage on the right has simply not been true either.

I mean seriously. How desperate can they be, and who would be moved by such nonsense that wasn't already voting the ticket. It even becomes a joke on the internet.

I mean seriously. How desperate can they be, and who would be moved by such nonsense that wasn't already voting the ticket. It even becomes a joke on the internet.
I apologize as there are some of you that would have not been subjected to that were it not for that post.

Combined testosterone levels match Kamala’s IQ
That really is a parody level ad. Big boy actually made a hyperbolic joke about eating while the black guy boasts an unimpressive deadlift amount for his height and build. It’s as if these people are completely clueless…

Those “men” may as well be holding signs saying “I don’t think my children are really mine” or “My wife and I are catching a ride to the polling station with her boyfriend on Election Day”….

If these guys are “Man Enough “ to vote for a wuss line Walz and Kacklinc Kamala, then my sister is too much man to vote D.

]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="Dirtdart" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Forgive me for posting this.

I thought I was watching the Bee. If that’s a real ad they have problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TressaPico

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.