Politics

@Tanks , don’t insult the many educated people that did and will vote for Trump, my father has 3 college degrees and taught at a major university for 30 years, one of my brothers in laws flew army helicopters for 20 years and another is a doctor and a retired 2 star general. All three voted for Trump and I would hardly call them uneducated. These are just a few of the well educated people that I know that did, I’m somewhat of an outlier as I preferred DeSantis but I only have 2 degrees.
in my family alone, the credentials voting for Trump
1 PhD and retired vice chancellor from LSU
a retired HS computer science teacher
3 MDs
2 PharmD
1 MS data science with a BS in economics
1 MEd
1 med student
1 BS nursing working on MS in anesthesia
a USN helo pilot who graduated USNA Summa Cum Laude
2 MS hospital administration

that's a lot of bona fides voting for Trump, and that's just my family.

It defies logic that Trump was chosen over de Santis, and then that the Democrats chose Kamala. It is as if both sides have a death wish.
But it is what it is.
Now instead of a bright new chance it looks more like damage control all round.
Out here in the world it looks to me like Trump is the lesser evil, simply because he has far more presence than Harris. What the world needs now is leadership, hopefully in the right direction. If Harris gets in watch how quickly the leadership vacuum is filled by the bad actors.

It defies logic that Trump was chosen over de Santis, and then that the Democrats chose Kamala. It is as if both sides have a death wish.
But it is what it is.
Out here in the world it looks to me like Trump is the lesser evil, simply because he has far more presence than Harris. What the world needs now is leadership, hopefully in the right direction. If Harris gets in watch how quickly the leadership vacuum is filled by the bad actors.
I think Kamala was a strategic choice. Anyone they replaced her with would have potentially suffered long term from party in-fighting. The dems aren’t just thinking about this election.

Kamala isn’t a great candidate but if she manages to win, there’s no loss for the DNC. If she loses, it will have been a modest sacrifice to set up someone stronger like Newsome for a 2028 run, when Trump can’t run again. A Kamala loss also helps the DNC pin Biden’s failures on her, wiping the slate for the next whitehouse run.

It would almost make a cynical person think the government was on a mass hiring spree just to make the employment numbers look better.

Of course we will have to wait 1-2 months for the real numbers to be revised downward.

1728573418759.png

I think Kamala was a strategic choice. Anyone they replaced her with would have potentially suffered long term from party in-fighting. The dems aren’t just thinking about this election.

Kamala isn’t a great candidate but if she manages to win, there’s no loss for the DNC. If she loses, it will have been a modest sacrifice to set up someone stronger like Newsome for a 2028 run, when Trump can’t run again. A Kamala loss also helps the DNC pin Biden’s failures on her, wiping the slate for the next whitehouse run.
There was also the hundreds of millions of dollars worth of campaign funds that apparently only she could use. IIRC

There was also the hundreds of millions of dollars worth of campaign funds that apparently only she could use. IIRC

Well there was a work around for that money. The DNC was too concerned about losing the black vote. However, if the polls are right they are losing black males anyway. Should have picked Newsome.

I don't believe it's legal for her to use those funds. But with that corrupt POS Garland running justice, nothing is going to be done about it.

But it is what it is.
I like DeSantis, but he wouldn't have got elected. to many diehard trump voters......or deplorables as hiltery, tanks and redleg SEEM to think about anyone that would vote for trump.......all this talk about gathering all under the tent lol....just as bad as the dems. ...nobody is undecided at this point.....if they say they are , they are just looking for attention or plain stupid. the contrast couldn't be starker.

besides only a fool would vote for what the dem party stands for . ......bob

Agreed, except for Newsom. He is a far weaker candidate than most in the media are willing to acknowledge.

Agreed, except for Newsom. He is a far weaker candidate than most in the media are willing to acknowledge.
As a Californian, I certainly agree. But if Kamala loses he will have four years to campaign and work on a strategy. Plus he won’t have to worry about Kamala running as an incumbent in 2028 if she loses now. It will be an open race in the Dem primary.

Whatever his strength or weakness, he is ambitious and has held high executive office for many years. He also has powerful friends and family in the Democrat establishment.

He may not be inevitable but he’s someone to keep an eye on.

I like DeSantis, but he wouldn't have got elected. to many diehard trump voters...

besides only a fool would vote for what the dem party stands for . ......bob

So, you are saying that if DeSantis had gotten the nomination, Trump voters would have stayed home? Another set of "pearl clutchers" as some would say? :unsure:

all this talk about gathering all under the tent lol....just as bad as the dems. ...nobody is undecided at this point....
I somewhat agree. That being said I am ambivalent, I like Trump for almost every policy statement except for foreign policy. Trump is not making it easy for people to hold their nose and vote for him. Haley could have helped if she was active in the campaign.

This guy just may be onto something.

A short from that interview

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GarlandCha

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.