Politics

Forgive my ignorance but when they passed the CR the government was funded back at the 2024 fiscal years level. So my question would be: why is FEMA out of money? According to my congressman they are fully funded until the CR runs out. He was on a local radio station yesterday.

So who's shrinking the tent? The bad-tempered candidate who says something stupid or the "adult" pearl-clutchers who are saying "well I never, I'm taking MY ball and staying home!"
Likeability, especially in politics, is a factor. Not to mention, if someone is making stupid decisions during the campaign it stands to reason that would follow him to the office as well.

Trump is not giving a reason to hold one's nose and vote for him again to a lot of people.

A link for a fundraiser we are doing with Samaritans purse is below…

We’re matching funds $ for $ for the first $10k raised (getting close to goal now)…

This was originally something we did internally and was intended to be a vehicle for donations from our employees… but we decided we’ll match anyone’s funds up to the first $10k… SP is a great organization and all reports are they are doing incredibly good work right now

Just made a donation. Thanks @mdwest for making this available, and for your generosity and support of those in need. They are lifted up in my prayers.

Elections seem to break one way or the other in the final weeks. From a democrat perspective that happened in their favor when the red wave of 2022 never happened. I suspect this one will be similar, and there are some indicators that it may be breaking Trump's way. I hasten to add that I am a much better soldier than election prognosticator, but like the video clips I post of the Ukraine War, little things can be indicators of a something much more.

For instance, I subscribe to Nate Silver's site, and he still predicts the odds are Fifty-five to Forty-five (odds not voting percentages) that Harris wins. But he felt compelled to put out a special bulletin today that indicates why his model "still" predicts it. Part of the reason he felt he had to do so was that the NY Times/Siena poll was published today. It stunned the Times by showing Trump with a 13 point lead in Florida. Florida, of course, is a safe republican state now, but this was a dramatic break from their previous polling showing Trump leading by a stable 5 or 6. The Times attempted to explain it away as Florida simply becoming more solidly Republican. But, to my mind, it could also signal that final shift taking place - broadly so in a state like Florida and narrowly so in places like North Carolina and Pennsylvania - but far more decisively there with respect to the election.

The new Reuters poll which had been showing Harris with a six-point lead nationwide also narrowed yesterday to only three-points.

Finally, we have the Harris campaign itself suddenly changing its strategy going into the home stretch with the candidate sitting down for a number of interviews, where at least on CBS, some of the questions dealt with something besides food recipes.

Some may find this interesting. NGO's using off duty San Antonio police to help facilitate the trafficking of illegals into America.

Makes a person wonder if the numbers crossing the southern border are down because we are now just flying them into the country.

Nothing new. As I’ve said before if they can make to San Antonio they are home free. Just go to the San Antonio Airport early morning and they are lined up to get their flights to wherever. The Mayor and City council all but one are D’s are more concerned about the Green New Deal, the Paris Climate Accord and illegal/unlawful aliens. Finally, last night they cleared out an apartment full of gang members.

It’s SOP of off duty officers to work side job in uniform, but there own cars.

Agreed it was dumb of Trump. That said, what does it say about a person who is so offended by something like this that they would hold out their vote? Some would say they are principled. I would say they’re prideful and are worried more about their hurt feelings than their country.

That’s totally not the point. I will likely hold my nose and vote for the idiot, but this election won’t be determined by you and I. It will be determined by moderates. Why the heck can’t Trump and the hard liners see this? It’s like they don’t give a damn about the election.

Last edited:
That’s totally not the point. I will likely hold my nose and vote for the idiot, but this election won’t be determined by you and I. I will be determined by moderates. Why the heck can’t Trump and the hard liners see this? It’s like they don’t give a damn about the election.
I don’t disagree.

So who's shrinking the tent? The bad-tempered candidate who says something stupid or the "adult" pearl-clutchers who are saying "well I never, I'm taking MY ball and staying home!"

The folks shrinking the tent are the hard liners who declare anyone who doesn’t fall in line and salute a RINO. I’m as conservative as most on this forum, likely more so than most, but the inability to comprehend basic math and open the doors to folks who may not completely align on every point with us will cost us the election. We don’t want republicans who supported Haley? Seriously? Can we possibly come up with a worse strategy???

What gives me pause right now is how historically bad I am at predicting election outcomes…

In 2016 I was certain Clinton was going to be POTUS… I was wrong..

In 2020 I felt 100% confident Trump was going to retain the white house… I was wrong…

I feel fairly confident (not certain.. but still confident) Harris is going to pull out a win in 2024…

God knows I pray that I am wrong again… and that my losing streak continues..

1728434490509.jpeg

What gives me pause right now is how historically bad I am at predicting election outcomes…

In 2016 I was certain Clinton was going to be POTUS… I was wrong..

In 2020 I felt 100% confident Trump was going to retain the white house… I was wrong…

I feel fairly confident (not certain.. but still confident) Harris is going to pull out a win in 2024…

God knows I pray that I am wrong again… and that my losing streak continues..
You and me both.

I’m still very skeptical of anything the media puts out about what Trump says, they’ve been known to fabricate stuff that just ain’t true……

Roughly a quarter of the adult population is under some sort of mental health drug or treatment regimen. In addition to firearm purchase background checks, it's time to do the same with medical
mental history for voting rights. Having said that, I believe history will show the first part of 21st century U.S. politics as the era of mentally ill voters electing mentally ill leaders.

Example: California bans gas chain saws and other machines in 2024, generators required to be emission free in 2028. If an earthquake takes down trees that fall on powerlines and bridges collapse. I guess those electric chain saws and masonry saws will get the job done. Emission free generators running on what, hydrogen? When these people were born, they thought the doctor said trains.

Last edited:
I’m still very skeptical of anything the media puts out about what Trump says, they’ve been known to fabricate stuff that just ain’t true……

That’s a very fair point. I’ve been in a room with Trump speaking and every news agency reported it inaccurately, including Fox!

I saw a clip of Harris on that hard hitting news show “The View” that she wouldn’t have done anything different over the last 4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElizbethGa

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.