Politics

Screenshot_20240806-082646_Google.jpg

Signs like this were all over rural Minnesota;)

I lived in the New Orleans north shore area, Mandeville, during Katrina. MG Honore' did a good job. The mayor of New Orleans, referred to Honore' as "That John Wayne dude." I think it helped that Honore' was from Louisiana.

The Louisiana Governor, Kathleen Blanco, was utterly useless after Katrina. Wouldn't ask for help, because she was a Democrat and Bush was a Republican. I have no doubt that people died because of her ineptitude.

Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen, also was a key figure during Katrina and then a year or so later on the Deepwater Horizon disaster. Admiral Allen was definitely a "John Wayne dude."

Ray Nagin wasn't any better as mayor. If he had just used school busses to evacuate residents it would have been helpful.

1728331825624.png

Ray Nagin wasn't any better as mayor. If he had just used school busses to evacuate residents it would have been helpful.

View attachment 638831

LOL I had forgotten about "Chocolate City" Nagin!

He faded away after the 10 year federal prison sentence for bribery, tax evasion and fraud charges.

FYI he shared a prison cell with Jesse Jackson Jr.!

Russia would eventually win if they lost at a 3 to 1 ratio in the fight of attrition. Not to mention time is on Russia's side as they are hoping for a Trump win. Heck, already the people on the right (and some here) are conflating FEMA funds with Ukraine aid.

Pyrrhus taught the world an example to not follow.

I lived in the New Orleans north shore area, Mandeville, during Katrina. MG Honore' did a good job. The mayor of New Orleans, referred to Honore' as "That John Wayne dude." I think it helped that Honore' was from Louisiana.

The Louisiana Governor, Kathleen Blanco, was utterly useless after Katrina. Wouldn't ask for help, because she was a Democrat and Bush was a Republican. I have no doubt that people died because of her ineptitude.

Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen, also was a key figure during Katrina and then a year or so later on the Deepwater Horizon disaster. Admiral Allen was definitely a "John Wayne dude."

Didn't realize you lived in Mandeville. My sister and b-i-l have lived in Beau Chene for close to 30 years.

Inquiring minds.

We used to have empires led by an emperor

We used to have kingdoms led by kings

If Kamala gets elected to lead our country.
What do we call her ?
Madam President

Maybe not in our Military. But apparently if you live out in the Mountains you are of little consequence to the US current leadership in Washington DC either.

Several works of fiction come to mind.... never expected them to play out in real life.

This from a friend with a sheriff’s department in the affected area. He’s actually an AH’er. I will let him identify himself if he so chooses.

Hope y’all are well. Stuff is still bad here.

FEMA is failing us and so is the state. The community is doing great at helping everyone.

We are now getting sent to other counties to help them. The county next to me is still getting bodies out of trees…

Inquiring minds.

We used to have empires led by an emperor

We used to have kingdoms led by kings

If Kamala gets elected to lead our country.
What do we call her ?
She has earned that title regardless of the outcome of the election.

This from a friend with a sheriff’s department in the affected area. He’s actually an AH’er. I will let him identify himself if he so chooses.

Hope y’all are well. Stuff is still bad here.

FEMA is failing us and so is the state. The community is doing great at helping everyone.

We are now getting sent to other counties to help them. The county next to me is still getting bodies out of trees…

And in follow-up to let him know about the folks @mdwest is working with:

Man there’s a lot of x special forces with choppers helping greatly.

One seen my car and circled a couple times then landed and asked what that part of the community needed and I told
Him oxygen for the elderly and he said it’s coming! Just paint this field so my other pilots know where to land… I painted the field as a LZ and sure enough that community got oxygen and over 400 pounds of supplies like baby food etc.

The community and individuals are saving us right now

And in follow-up to let him know about the folks @mdwest is working with:

Man there’s a lot of x special forces with choppers helping greatly.

One seen my car and circled a couple times then landed and asked what that part of the community needed and I told
Him oxygen for the elderly and he said it’s coming! Just paint this field so my other pilots know where to land… I painted the field as a LZ and sure enough that community got oxygen and over 400 pounds of supplies like baby food etc.

The community and individuals are saving us right now

If you guys have the chance, please take @mdwest up on his offer to help these folks. We’ve got members of our community in there as first responders. Thank God for private citizens stepping in to help. The government has failed these people.

Not according to President Briben, he says the people affected by the storm are “happy, really happy”………..

She has earned that title regardless of the outcome of the election.
I don’t follow you on this one, she received 0 votes in a primary and was anointed the nomination by the democrat machine. She hides from tough interviews and can’t string a coherent sentence together. She hasn’t earned crap in my book.

Trump was about my fifth choice but I will reluctantly vote for him. If she is elected she will be my president no matter how much of a failure she will be. That makes me nauseous just thinking about what that would mean for our country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m25chauffeur

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.