Politics

I saw a very interesting documentary last night relevant to our current political landscape.

It was called “Will & Harper” and it was a documentary about Will Ferrell and a close friend of his that used to be the head writer of SNL, Mr. Steele. Well, Harper is/was a 60 year old man that recently became trans.

Two hours of roadtrip footage of the two of them going all across America in a variety of settings from NBA games, Grand Canyon, Honky Tonks, and rural towns. Frankly, the entire film was exhausting and disgusting. On one hand, Will Ferrell is trying to convince himself, his friend, and the planet that he is empathetic and understanding, and on the other hand is a friend that is a completely self-absorbed derelict man.

At face value, you might find it repulsive if you focus on the sexual aspects of it, what tackle, top/bottom surgeries, whatever, but the revulsion for me had nothing to do with that. I realized how F’d in the head the trannie was. Every second of every conversation was about his creation of myth that he is a real woman and his devastation that most people don’t see him that way. Not a second of thought was given by the Harper character about anybody else, being a good parent, dressing whatever way is best to earn a living, etc.

That’s when it sort of hit me how warped the trans mentality is. Every day, I figure out how I must act to be of maximum service to my family. I dress in a way to maximally satisfy my client or customer. I find my happiness in being of service to others on their level and their terms. Literally, the opposite of the trans mentality that is focused completely on trying to project whatever they think they are on everybody else, expecting everyone else to be comfortable with their outfit/delusion/projection.

There is a useless narcissism at the core of this trans movement and that movie really drilled it home for me. It’s an overvaluation of the importance of self rather than molding and morphing one’s own person to be of maximum use to family/community/customer.

In conclusion, I found the Harper character and the trans movement to be far more destructive and harmful than the simple chicks with dicks cliche would suggest. Literally, its a group of people with their heads up their own asses, stuck in a vortex of self absorption while derelict in all their duties to others.
I think it is important to temper such strong feelings with the understanding that many are dealing with quite severe mental illnesses.

I think it is important to temper such strong feelings with the understanding that many are dealing with quite severe mental illnesses.

I think the problem is Hollywood, through productions like this, are trying to normalize this type of behavior and gain acceptance of it rather than addressing the fact that it indeed is a mental health issue…

This is a good reminder Saul. I have a niece going through this. I still care for her deeply although I hate the path she has chosen. Those driving the societal normalization of this illness have much to answer for.

Wow, long response.... what I said was that Social Security could be privatized.... I wasn't talking about Firemen nor Law Enforcement....

My mistake, if I misunderstood your inference...

Long response? Huh... I've posted much longer... You don't have to read them you know...

Well, in any case, you all got some free insight as to why we don't and likely won't see police and fire services privatized...

This is a good reminder Saul. I have a niece going through this. I still care for her deeply although I hate the path she has chosen. Those driving the societal normalization of this illness have much to answer for.

I have family members as well…

I love them dearly… and tell them exactly that whenever I see or speak to them…

But that doesn’t mean I condone their behaviors.. I tell them that as well..

It is possible to disagree with people and still care about them…

That’s what Hollywood keeps trying to tell us can’t happen… you’re either in full acceptance.. or you’re the bad guy…

Christ hung out with prostitutes, tax collectors, and thieves… and he loved them all… the saved don’t need saving… it’s the lost that need to be found…

But Christ certainly didn’t ever tell them “hey.. it’s ok.. you be you.. keep selling that booty and taking other people’s stuff… that’s cool… “

That’s what Hollywood keeps trying to tell us can’t happen… you’re either in full acceptance.. or you’re the bad guy…

Christ hung out with prostitutes, tax collectors, and thieves… and he loved them all… the saved don’t need saving… it’s the lost that need to be found…

But Christ certainly didn’t ever tell them “hey.. it’s ok.. you be you.. keep selling that booty and taking other people’s stuff… that’s cool… “

I have two gay brothers, and both of them hate the LGBTQ movement, and all the nonsense on TV. They are private about their business, and do not like the publicity some are doing, and the direction they are going. They want to live their life in private and that's it. I respect them as family members, but they do understand where I stand. If that's what they want, fine, but I don't have to agree to their lifestyle.

When I was in uniform, we had "Sensitivity Training" I believe it was called Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion briefing, and my Deputy Commander saw me shaking my head. After the briefing he caught up to me in the kitchen and asked me what was going. He was a great leader and someone I talk to, and I asked if I could speak freely. I explain to him that I had two brothers who were gay. I also said to him that as a citizen I had every right to not agree with that lifestyle, and that I didn't care if they like to suck a c*ck or not, it's none of my business. What I really care about is that when the sh*t hits the fan, I don't care what color, religion, sexual orientation, whatever you are, all I care about is can I count on you. That's all. He looked at me, leaned over and said I agree with you 1000%, I understand how you're feeling, but unfortunately in my role, I have to play the game. Which I understood.

Unfortunately, this group don't care about our rights, or our believes. They want to shove their lifestyle down our throat, regardless of how we feel about it. Hollywood, the media, et al are not helping. Just look at TV commercials, and you'll see how many gay couples are in commercials.

Agreed, however you have to ask yourself.... "Am I helping this person by playing into their false reality or am I encouraging a person with mental issues to slide deeper into their illness?"

The other side is the narcissism that is coming out, just like in the documentary that @rookhawk mentioned - Ask yourself, does this have anything to do with "Harper" having been behind the scenes writing for famous people for decades and now Harper is the center of attention with all eyes on Harper and listening/approving/validating everything Harper says without any contradiction what so ever.

The best discussion on this I've seen was in the Shawn Ryan Show, where Chris Beck who was a Navy Seal explains his transition and detransition.... Truly an eye opening documentary.

I'd really like to see Vance destroy the commie tyrant wannabe in tonight's debate.

I agree with you 100%!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AldaD53033

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?