Politics

I need clarification on this.

I didn't even graduate high school... So doubt that i would be classified as an intellectual. So please the concept of people voting based on the endorsement of Britney Spears who i would consider an elitist..... How again is she also an Intellectual?
To clarify, I was referring to disdain for those who have achieved substantial success or status in a field as a product of their expertise.

The term “elite” is so ill-defined that its use in such discussions is practically pointless, but too often seems to be used in a way to express derision for those with greater knowledge and experience in a particular field.

I have no doubt you are most likely right in your supposition... I don't believe that I have ever questioned anyone's integrity here even though I may vehemently disagree with them?

Please understand that I don't automatically assume someone who happens to be wealthy, a CEO or whatever other lofty position one can attain, is out of touch with the people they oversee... I don't know too many folks here personally, so I can only go by what they post when I make my assertions... I was merely conveying my personal experiences with these types of bosses which was that this is the rule rather than the exception in my field... My assertions were specifically made about certain individuals being out of touch and unrelatable to the guys with dirt on their hands... As of yet, I honestly haven't heard anything to think otherwise... If I am indeed wrong, I'll be the first to admit it...

On a side note, I've worked for many bosses in my lifetime, and I have encountered very few "leaders" among them...
It seems to me that it has more to do with the type of work itself more so than the position one occupies. What I mean is that a person leading an engineering company most likely has a great deal of expertise in engineering and could easily relate to the engineers they employ. At the same time, I think that same person would struggle to relate to their janitorial staff.

The term “elite” is so ill-defined that its use in such discussions is practically pointless, but too often seems to be used in a way to express derision for those with greater knowledge and experience in a particular field.

Two different definitions in the same dictionary:

"a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society"

"a group or class of people seen as having the greatest power and influence within a society, especially because of their wealth or privilege"

It's all in the context I suppose...

What is more sad to me is the American people are accepting it… and politicians on both sides are just sitting back doing absolutely nothing about it… like it’s ok or something because we’ll have a new president in 4 more months…

"Shit man, consider all the endless traffic and sky high gas prices in Cali.... I actually get more of my life back by air commuting than living in Cali!"

Definitely an eye opener.
True that. When I go to a client's location in LA it is about an hour or so. Coming back in the evening can take up to 3 hours depending on traffic. Gas is over $5 which is mostly due to CA gas taxes (people living here actually voted for an increase on it) and refining regulations.

What is more sad to me is the American people are accepting it… and politicians on both sides are just sitting back doing absolutely nothing about it… like it’s ok or something because we’ll have a new president in 4 more months…
I suspect a big part of it is that the majority of the population and the Congress have accepted the notion that he hasn't been in charge for a while, and the status quo, whatever it is, will suffice until inauguration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AudryCline

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?