Politics

Interesting comments at 29 minutes into this video.

I found the Admiral's comments at 2h 19m 46s to be more interesting. Link below.
As a citizen of the world but not of the US, looking in from the outside, y'all could benefit from remembering that a fundamental element of democracy is peaceful passing of the baton from one administration to another.
Here in Australia we have an independent, federal authority that runs elections and counts votes. It also sets and adjusts electorate boundaries, to keep everything above board. It is unthinkable in our country that electoral results would be disputed. It really should be that way in the US too.
As a citizen of the world I sincerely wish for a peaceful and sensible election cycle for my US friends.

Last edited:
So many are questioning how Dick Cheney could back Kamala Harris for office.

He was after all a life long staunch conservative.
Constitution, 2A, Capitalism.

Now he throws all his “deeply held” life long beliefs away to back a Marxist. It’s not hyperbole. All of her beliefs are Marxist. Compare what Karl Marx believed and her goals.

So what could explain him no longer “defending the free world” against communism. His life’s mission.

Or was it? Was it actually just about power and money. I am actually shocked he is only worth $150 million.

a career politician that did the Hunter Biden job fair tactic.

I found the Admiral's comments at 2h 19m 46s to be more interesting. Link below.
As a citizen of the world but not of the US, looking in from the outside, y'all could benefit from remembering that a fundamental element of democracy is peaceful passing of the baton from one administration to another.
Here in Australia we have an independent, federal authority that runs elections and counts votes. It also sets and adjusts electorate boundaries, to keep everything above board. It is unthinkable in our country that electoral results would be disputed. It really should be that way in the US too.
As a citizen of the world I sincerely wish for a peaceful and sensible election cycle for my US friends.

@MauserM03Blog the Admiral's comments you refer to are indeed interesting. The entire 2+ hours is interesting, adult conversation. However, I take exception to being somewhat lectured by a so-called "citizen of the world." I for one, do not wish to have one, singular Federal authority counting the votes. I happen to think the US system, with the Electoral College and 50 states running their elections seems to work well.

When a country, like Australia, allows too much power to be concentrated in the Federal government, strange things happen. Federally mandated gun control comes to mind.

So many are questioning how Dick Cheney could back Kamala Harris for office.

He was after all a life long staunch conservative.
Constitution, 2A, Capitalism.

Now he throws all his “deeply held” life long beliefs away to back a Marxist. It’s not hyperbole. All of her beliefs are Marxist. Compare what Karl Marx believed and her goals.

So what could explain him no longer “defending the free world” against communism. His life’s mission.

Or was it? Was it actually just about power and money. I am actually shocked he is only worth $150 million.

a career politician that did the Hunter Biden job fair tactic.

Or maybe he just doesn’t think Trump is a fit and proper person for the job?

So he throws away his life long beliefs because of the candidate ?

Remember, he didn’t say that he won’t vote for Trump. He is bragging about voting for Kamala Harris.

It shows he really did not believe that communism and Islamic extremism was an existential threat to our country

@MauserM03Blog the Admiral's comments you refer to are indeed interesting. The entire 2+ hours is interesting, adult conversation. However, I take exception to being somewhat lectured by a so-called "citizen of the world." I for one, do not wish to have one, singular Federal authority counting the votes. I happen to think the US system, with the Electoral College and 50 states running their elections seems to work well.

When a country, like Australia, allows too much power to be concentrated in the Federal government, strange things happen. Federally mandated gun control comes to mind.
There is no federal agency controlling gun laws in Australia. Only state laws. Just like in the US. In 1996 our states agreed that assault rifles and the like would be taken out of the community, via state-run buy-backs. So please, put that concern aside. And by the way, the vast majority of Australians support this policy. It’s called democracy and we cherish it.

I handed in four semi-autos; two were mine, one for my brother and one for a friend. We all got paid way more than they were worth. I don’t miss them. I have far more accurate bolt-actions for hunting.

As well as our democracy, parents in Australia cherish being able to send our kids to school without concern they will be shot. This is powerful stuff. I have friends who moved here from the US. At first they were annoyed they had to leave their semi-autos behind. But after six months they noticed their lives had changed. They no longer feared that their kids or themselves would be shot today. Or the next day. Powerful stuff.

So he throws away his life long beliefs because of the candidate ?

Remember, he didn’t say that he won’t vote for Trump. He is bragging about voting for Kamala Harris.

It shows he really did not believe that communism and Islamic extremism was an existential threat to our country
I am no fan of Cheney, but it is equally possible, perhaps even reasonable, to conclude that he truly believes Trump attempted to overthrow the last election, and that the motives behind that attempted seizure of power represent a greater threat to the country than a not very bright leftist limited by a republican senate. Former President Bush has apparently decided that he will not endorse either candidate.

Last edited:
In 1996 our states agreed that assault rifles and the like would be taken out of the community, via state-run buy-backs.

I handed in four semi-autos;
Let's get this straight: Semi autos are not assault rifles. And civilians do not (legally) own any assault rifles without proper license to do so. An AR-15 is not an assault rifle.

He has shown me he has no such high ethics to be impacted by a Trump speech on the lawn.(that spurred the riots)

More believable. Is that he and his daughter were not brought into the Trump administration. And their dollar value decreased as a result.

If he would vote for Harris. Then he can not actually believe everything he has been spewing for decades.

He pushed Bush into the Iraq war Knowing full well Hussain was just another saber rattling paper Tiger.

Cheney may as well openly support Iran, China and Russia. Because that is who Harris will take us to War with.

Last edited:
There is no federal agency controlling gun laws in Australia. Only state laws. Just like in the US. In 1996 our states agreed that assault rifles and the like would be taken out of the community, via state-run buy-backs. So please, put that concern aside. And by the way, the vast majority of Australians support this policy. It’s called democracy and we cherish it.

I handed in four semi-autos; two were mine, one for my brother and one for a friend. We all got paid way more than they were worth. I don’t miss them. I have far more accurate bolt-actions for hunting.

As well as our democracy, parents in Australia cherish being able to send our kids to school without concern they will be shot. This is powerful stuff. I have friends who moved here from the US. At first they were annoyed they had to leave their semi-autos behind. But after six months they noticed their lives had changed. They no longer feared that their kids or themselves would be shot today. Or the next day. Powerful stuff.

This you?

Also, seems to be quite a few mass killings from arson, stabbings, cars, if you feel safe 100% of the time that isn't powerful, its oblivious.

Also, I find it laughable that you think disputing an election unthinkable. I find that to be cornerstone of democracy, see Venezuela, Russia, Iran for places where it is illegal to dispute the results of election. But yes let's believe 100% of what the government tell us.

It’s called democracy and we cherish it.
Democracy is where 51% of the population tells the other 49% to go to hell. The US is governed by a Constitution (for the time being at least) that we cherish.

Or maybe Cheney is human and just returning the favor after fellow republican Trump attacked him and the Bush - Cheney administration, among many others. He once said his fear was the USA would not have the political will to win the war on terror. On that part he was correct.

Interestingly, Admiral Mullen said similar in his interview. He also noted how hard it was to recognize the mistakes that were being made until afterwards.

This you?

Also, seems to be quite a few mass killings from arson, stabbings, cars, if you feel safe 100% of the time that isn't powerful, its oblivious.

Also, I find it laughable that you think disputing an election unthinkable. I find that to be cornerstone of democracy, see Venezuela, Russia, Iran for places where it is illegal to dispute the results of election. But yes let's believe 100% of what the government tell us.
While some deserved their sentences most probably did not, people protesting the 2020 election are still in prison/jail. So leaving the good ole USA off the list is an oversight.
The capital police officer that shot the unarmed protester in the capital should be charged and was not, as well as the guy urging protesters into the capital.

Democracy is where 51% of the population tells the other 49% to go to hell. The US is governed by a Constitution (for the time being at least) that we cherish.
The way you describe democracy in US, specially for presidential election is not accurate.
Otherwise, we would only have Democrat presidents because they'll always get the majority of the vote.
Also here in US where only 55-60% votes there's no real democracy and talking about cheating etc.. is absurd.

The way you describe democracy in US, specially for presidential election is not accurate.
Otherwise, we would only have Democrat presidents because they'll always get the majority of the vote.
Also here in US where only 55-60% votes there's no real democracy and talking about cheating etc.. is absurd.

Actually he wasn't describing Democracy in the U.S., he specifically said we are governed by a Constitution. I would be a little more specific in describing our government as one of a Constitutional Republic. It was purposely design to prevent simple majorities from ruling the day. It mitigates the impact of anyone particular state having an undue influence. It's one reason we have 2 Senators from every state whether it be Rhode Island or Texas. It's why we have the Electoral College and the filibuster.

I for one do not wish to live in a pure Democracy.

Actually he wasn't describing Democracy in the U.S., he specifically said we are governed by a Constitution. I would be a little more specific in describing our government as one of a Constitutional Republic. It was purposely design to prevent simple majorities from ruling the day. It mitigates the impact of anyone particular state having an undue influence. It's one reason we have 2 Senators from every state whether it be Rhode Island or Texas. It's why we have the Electoral College and the filibuster.

Well said!

Beat me to it.

Very good explanation.
However like I said whatever system you live under, electoral college or pure majority system, when only %50-60 of the people vote it's not very healthy and it does not reflect the real will of the people.
Even worse in local elections...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShayLazar

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]