Politics

Question. Are these female Rangers subject to the same physical standards as their male counterparts, or does the Army still has different standards for males and females? In the Air Force the physical standards are different for males and females.
Yes and no. The actual Army physical fitness test uses male and female standards (also different standards for age). For instance a male soldier aged 17-26 earns a 100 pts (max score) on the two-mile run portion of the test if he completes it 13:00 mins or below. A female soldier earns the same score in the same age group by completing the run in 15:36 or less. You all can debate whether or not there should be two standards or not. From my personal perspective, I do not see the need for a female RN Captain at Walter Reed to meet the same standard as a male infantry officer commanding an infantry company.

However, in Ranger school, male and female - officer and enlisted, are graded by the same standard. Everyone gets the same buzz cut to emphasize the point, and no rank is worn by anyone enrolled. Captains or sergeants are addressed as "Ranger." Needless to say only highly motivated volunteers show up at Camp Darby for phase 1. Washout rate, around 50% during the Darby phase, is equal for male and female. Only 25% make it through without recycling either Darby, Mountain, or Swamp phase.

Last edited:
Im still questioning the photo of Commander Yaste. It shows him in civilian attire. But we all assume he was shooting from his ship while at sea.

Ships Commanders or Captains do not wear civies at sea.

Perhaps that is one of the offenses he was guilty of.
Are you sure that isn't a uniform???

Yes and no. The actual Army physical fitness test uses male and female standards (also different standards for age). For instance a male soldier aged 17-26 earns a 100 pts (max score) on the two-mile run portion of the test if he completes it 13:00 mins or below. A female soldier earns the same score in the same age group by completing the run in 15:36 or less. You all can debate whether or not there should be two standards or not. From my personal perspective, I do not see the need for a female RN Captain at Walter Reed to meet the same standard as a male infantry officer commanding an infantry company.

However, in Ranger school, male and female - officer and enlisted, are graded by the same standard. Everyone gets the same buzz cut to emphasize the point, and no rank is worn by anyone enrolled. Captains or sergeants are addressed as "Ranger." Needless to say only highly motivated volunteers show up at Camp Darby for phase 1. Washout rate, around 50% during the Darby phase, is equal for male and female. Only 25% make it through without recycling either Darby, Mountain, or Swamp phase.
Very good explanation.
A little known fact:
Marines also attend ranger school in very limited numbers...
My son as an officer with second recon battalion attended ranger school a while back and made it in one go without recycling and made us very proud.
He's one of the very few active duty marine officers who's double cool and ranger qualified.
Meaning combat diver, free fall and ranger.
However they are not allowed to wear the tab they were given on their uniforms unfortunately.
He sewed it inside his shirt pocket flap. :)

Today is my 68th birthday, on a group text with family my daughter joked that her accomplishments were a never-ending gift to me and posted the following. Joking aside, she is right. :ROFLMAO:

1725550555194.jpeg

Are you sure that isn't a uniform???
Looks to me it is, seems to be a patch on the left breast.
Unless my aged eyes are deceiving me, that is the US Navy standard uniform for sea duty. It is Navy blue and worn with a baseball style cap. I am sure images can be googled. I am on my phone. They are not shooting with an AR and machine gun from a seaside hotel balcony.

Unless my aged eyes are deceiving me, that is the US Navy standard uniform for sea duty. It is Navy blue and worn with a baseball style cap. I am sure images can be googled. I am on my phone. They are not shooting with an AR and machine gun from a seaside hotel balcony.
You never know about the Navy! LOL

Personnel issues are never made public. You are not going to get personnel files of any government employee legally.
They why do they put these stories out every time some officer gets sacked? While I agree they arent going to give out all the nitty gritty, and use the ubitquitous "loss of confidence to command", these types of stories are frequently in the news, at least weekly.
So they must feel they are under some obligation to inform the public.

Today is my 68th birthday, on a group text with family my daughter joked that her accomplishments were a never-ending gift to me and posted the following. Joking aside, she is right. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 631718
Congratulations.

View attachment 631718
Happy Birthday!

Trump announced that if he is elected, that Elon Musk will head an entire government audit, by creating a government efficiency commission.

A bold plan, but I hope they realize the magnitude of diving into that quagmire.
The swamp doesn't like being exposed. The resistance and pushback will be extreme.

Be still my heart...

Now... my only fear is it becomes yet ANOTHER never-dying, ever-bloating institution.
However, I'm hopeful it leads to the eradication of several fed institutions that exist today.

Seems tooooooooo good to ever come true. But I'm hopeful.

Im still questioning the photo of Commander Yaste. It shows him in civilian attire. But we all assume he was shooting from his ship while at sea.

Ships Commanders or Captains do not wear civies at sea.

Perhaps that is one of the offenses he was guilty of.
Those look like blue overalls to me. And you can see the command pin on the right blouse pocket.

We can accuse him of many things, but I don't think wearing civvies is on the list.

Happy birthday Tanks! May you have a great day and have many more birthdays.

View attachment 631718
Congratulations to both of you.

Be still my heart...

Now... my only fear is it becomes yet ANOTHER never-dying, ever-bloating institution.
However, I'm hopeful it leads to the eradication of several fed institutions that exist today.

Seems tooooooooo good to ever come true. But I'm hopeful.
OH, BOY!! Ds are going to soil their depends when they here this. Now we wait to hear the screaming and see what dastardly deeds they conjure up.

Hunter Biden changing his plea to guilty in tax evasion case to avoid tax trial.
Sweetheart plea deal, with a future Daddy pardon or commutation?
Some are predicting 1-3 years in prison.

Thank you for explanation. Glad to hear that the Ranger school has only one standard, and if a female passes those requirements, they've earned the title of Ranger. I was afraid our government interference would allow for different standards with Ranger school like what you stated with the Army Physical Fitness Test. Good to know, thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsabelI30

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]