Politics

My wife and I have been hesitantly looking for a home for a while now but have decided to hold off for a bit given the current climate. I just wanted to add something on the topic of home loans. When we discussed it with our bank they approved us for a loan that was over double the budget we had decided on. Significantly above the national average. I’m not going to get into the details but the payment would’ve been an amount that would’ve practically guaranteed foreclosure if one of us lost our job and weren’t able to work. When our loan officer told us how much we were approved for it floored me. I wanted to ask her if she was serious. I’m admittedly overly cautious in a lot of ways but I seriously felt that it would’ve been a predatory loan and I can’t imagine that they would consider it. It’s no wonder that people are living paycheck to paycheck if they’re choosing to get loans like that.
That's how they sucker you into some catastrophy. Make it sound sooo great and "Oh, don't worry about the payments."

I would have taken the loan if it was 0% interest instead of 0% down. Jeep had a deal a few years ago, 0% interest if the loan duration was 36 months. Jumped on it for girlfriend's Jeep. I figured it was another 10+% discount by having that money invested.
Exactly! Back in the day those 0% loans were somewhat common. I remember buying a pickup where I wanted cash back instead of the loan... they were actually offering more rebates if you took the 0% loan than if you didn't!??? Crazy.....

Exactly! Back in the day those 0% loans were somewhat common. I remember buying a pickup where I wanted cash back instead of the loan... they were actually offering more rebates if you took the 0% loan than if you didn't!??? Crazy.....
I thought I was lucky getting a 1.9% this year. I remember being a kid and that rate was normal. That kind of rate was constantly promoted on tv ads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephanieX

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at Kramer-jack@comcast.net or call my cell number 717-660-7421.
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]