Politics

I appreciate the meat consumption. As you know under our Capitalist system, at least you have beef available! If Harris gets her way, that may not be the case under price controls.

The beef industry has been hit with a bit of a perfect storm. Extremely high input costs, loss of several demographics of mamma cows from South Dakota a few years ago, Kansas, Oklahoma and West Texas fires more recently, high beef prices tend to encourage culling of cow herds exasperating the issue.... The beef industry has been suffering for some time from a lack of enough uterus' to produce the needed calves. The Dairy industry, especially in the US, is supplying a lot now by using seed semen to provide replacement heifers from the top end of the females in the herds and then being able to breed the rest to beef, mostly Angus. Thus producing a higher quality and more efficient beef animal to fatten for market.

I can assure you that with these record high prices, beef producers are doing what the can to produce more! If left to work through this, Capitalism will soon provide a surplus and prices will come down. However every thing else to get back into balance as well, especially energy prices. It is all supply and demand. The only system that works.
When they finally figure out how to raise cattle like chickens and hogs. The price will come down. Why are people complaining there are plenty of deer to eat. Over population of wild geese to eat. Lakes are full of fish. I really don't know how they can sell any of that mushy expensive beef. I wouldn't even butcher one when I raised them.

A bit near sighted, but okay in the small picture of the overall world situations.

Your proposed options to the war between Russia and Ukraine are within reasonably good.

HOWEVER, regardless in any of your proposed options you have omitted any proposal for contingency for escalations in the Mideast and between China and Taiwan,....and that sawed off nit wit in North Korea.

While attentions are mainly focused on Russia/Ukraine War.

You don't have contingencies options factored in for escalations should Iran, Palestine, and/or Syria partner with Hamas and Hezbola, in a full onslaught against Israel?

You also don't have contingencies options not only for the escalation now in the Mideast, but China escalations against Taiwan.

You also neglected contingencies with the escalations in the Mideast, and China sea, that sawed off nit wit in North Korea wanting to get in on the action against the USA by attacking South Korea and making direct attacks against Alaska and /or Hawaii.

Then there are contingencies needed for fighting terrorists on US soil that Sleepy Joe and Cackling Harris allowed to illegally enter into the US with their open border.

Your proposed options are reasonable for putting out a campfire to save the forest from burning, but not when the forest already has more hotspots waiting for the right moment to set the forest ablaze, because the majority of attention is on putting out the campfire.
That'd be a valid concern if the Ukraine conflict was in any way straining the US or tying up significant military capability. But it's simply not the case that "the majority of the attention is on putting out [the conflict]".

So far, the situation in Ukraine has tied up exactly zero US service men. It has had zero effect on the US navy, or air force, or army in terms of manpower. Total US casualties, 0.

It HAS taken up some small part of the US stockpile of military hardware, but not very much. Total military aid provided totals less than 3% of the US military budget in a single year, and most of it was stuff pending obsolescence. We're not pulling this kit away from front line units...

Additionally, it's worth noting that anything we've spent in Ukraine was covered by a military budget increase, not a reduction in capabilities.

US Military Spend By Year:
2021 budget: 806.23bn
2022 budget: 876.94bn
2023 budget: 820.3bn
2024 budget: 841.1bn

Spend on military hardware to Ukraine (total since 2022): $69.8bn (https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-us-aid-going-ukraine).

The only thing it has done from a defense capability perspective is increase US defense spending.

What do we get in return (assuming of course that we see this thing through)?

We defeat one of the USA's top 5 potential / active enemies on the world stage. To the point they're now dealing with occupation of their own homeland and are rolling out conscripts armed with equipment from the 60's.

We've achieved a drastic increase in spending in every NATO nation, which alone far outweighs all the investment in Ukraine in terms of net NATO capabilities this year, next year, for the next decade or two.

We've basically secured US interests in Europe for at least a decade (probably a generation considering the decimation of Russia as a viable combatant) and no longer need to worry as much about a Russia / China alliance if and when that situation finally boils over.

We've projected an image of strength to other bad actors which may well give them pause.

Far as I can tell, we have one less hostile state with a modern military that we need to worry about, stronger allies, and if anything have overseen a slight INCREASE in our own capabilities.

Which begs the question: In what measurable way is the US less able to deal with those other threats you mention now than it was in 2022?

I was told along time ago, want to help others? you have to help yourself first.....

answer this one question please. if china is the enemy, why do we support them? why do we put them in a stronger position to cause us trouble?......why don't we simply shut the gate on them and weaken their ability to interfere with our interests? what is the reasoning behind this?....serious question...bob
Obviously we have a very complicated relationship with China. You’ve got to hit them in the pocketbook. Hard. Employ sanctions and tariffs. Along with making it clear that they better not interfere with our interests and if they do, retaliate. Hard. I understand our cyber capabilities are the best in the world, use them.

Also, unleash the American economy with tax cuts and incentives. Slash regulations and restrictions like you’re Javier Milei. Until we start making a lot of stuff here and the American people lose their taste for cheap garbage we’re unfortunately going to have play ball with them to some extent. Sadly, the majority of Americans simply don’t have the stomach to do without

Last edited:
Obviously we have a very complicated relationship with China. You’ve got to hit them in the pocketbook. Hard. Along with making it clear that they better not interfere with our interests and if they do, retaliate. Hard. Also, unleash the American economy with tax cuts and incentives. Slash regulations and restrictions like you’re Javier Milei
couldn't agree more. I feel our #1 goal should be to not buy/rely on them for anything. shut the gate, isolate them and ask our allies to do the same. have a good day...bob

Obviously we have a very complicated relationship with China. You’ve got to hit them in the pocketbook. Hard. Employ sanctions and tariffs. Along with making it clear that they better not interfere with our interests and if they do, retaliate. Hard. I understand our cyber capabilities are the best in the world, use them.

Also, unleash the American economy with tax cuts and incentives. Slash regulations and restrictions like you’re Javier Milei. Until we start making a lot of stuff here and the American people lose their taste for cheap garbage we’re unfortunately going to have play ball with them to some extent. Sadly, the majority of Americans simply don’t have the stomach to do without
Also need to encourage people to go back to work by slashing benefits and making benefits much harder to obtain.

ok, I wont be shy.....trump is not my leader, he may be an elected official soon hopefully.....kings, queens and royalty is for you guys....cradle to grave rulers.....we may not be perfect, but that doesn't seem to stop you guys begging for help or standing there with your hand out......I don't give 2 shits about other countries that ask/take our help and then badmouth us. let those guys duke it out.
we don't need to have our hand in every world dustup....we cant even take care of things at home.

but we will make sure we throw away money to everybody else......do I "like trump"....no not really.
vote for him again....yes........this is not our backyard, you guys take care of it...bob

Actually it is our back yard. We live in a global economy. What happens in Europe has a drama impact on you personally. That is just a fact, regardless of whether you like or agree with it.

couldn't agree more. I feel our #1 goal should be to not buy/rely on them for anything. shut the gate, isolate them and ask our allies to do the same. have a good day...bob
You have a lot of work to do with your fellow citizens and perhaps some honest appraisal of your own lifestyle before shoving on that gate. Total trade in goods and services between the US and China were $758.4 billion in 2023. Exports were $195.5 billion; imports were $562.9 billion. 25% of the parts in a Ford F-150 come from China. GM products are higher. You can do your own research about electronics and appliances - hint - the percentages are much higher.

Folks on both sides of the aisle are upset about inflation. Just imagine what "shutting the gate" on China would do to prices in this country and what voters would do to any administration that tried to do it. It is a very complicated issue.

Last edited:
Actually it is our back yard. We live in a global economy. What happens in Europe has a drama impact on you personally. That is just a fact, regardless of whether you like or agree with it.
I get the economy, I just feel Europe should handle it.....what this really started out as , is I hate country's kissing our ass crying for money and then spitting in our face...maybe that doesn't bother you, maybe it does. ......bob

You have a lot of work to do with your fellow citizens and perhaps some honest appraisal of your own lifestyle before shoving on that gate. Total trade in goods and services between the US and China were $758.4 billion in 2023. Exports were $195.5 billion; imports were $562.9 billion. 25% of the parts in a Ford F-150 come from China. GM products are higher. You can do your own research about electronics and appliances - hint - the percentages are much higher.

Folks on both sides of the aisle are upset about inflation. Just imagine what "shutting the gate" on China would do to prices in this country and what voters would do to any administration that tried to do it.
so its ok then . you have to start somewhere. I am well aware of the impact of china goods....so its good we let them control so much........I never want to hear any so called expert go off on how dangerous china is and not recognize that we are funding them....fear mongering at its best.

how about a slow process moving to do away with any reliance on them at all....turn the valve slowly till its shut off.....you know the old can do , Rosie the riveter attitude....bob

That'd be a valid concern if the Ukraine conflict was in any way straining the US or tying up significant military capability. But it's simply not the case that "the majority of the attention is on putting out [the conflict]".

So far, the situation in Ukraine has tied up exactly zero US service men. It has had zero effect on the US navy, or air force, or army in terms of manpower. Total US casualties, 0.

It HAS taken up some small part of the US stockpile of military hardware, but not very much. Total military aid provided totals less than 3% of the US military budget in a single year, and most of it was stuff pending obsolescence. We're not pulling this kit away from front line units...

Additionally, it's worth noting that anything we've spent in Ukraine was covered by a military budget increase, not a reduction in capabilities.

US Military Spend By Year:
2021 budget: 806.23bn
2022 budget: 876.94bn
2023 budget: 820.3bn
2024 budget: 841.1bn

Spend on military hardware to Ukraine (total since 2022): $69.8bn (https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-us-aid-going-ukraine).

The only thing it has done from a defense capability perspective is increase US defense spending.

What do we get in return (assuming of course that we see this thing through)?

We defeat one of the USA's top 5 potential / active enemies on the world stage. To the point they're now dealing with occupation of their own homeland and are rolling out conscripts armed with equipment from the 60's.

We've achieved a drastic increase in spending in every NATO nation, which alone far outweighs all the investment in Ukraine in terms of net NATO capabilities this year, next year, for the next decade or two.

We've basically secured US interests in Europe for at least a decade (probably a generation considering the decimation of Russia as a viable combatant) and no longer need to worry as much about a Russia / China alliance if and when that situation finally boils over.

We've projected an image of strength to other bad actors which may well give them pause.

Far as I can tell, we have one less hostile state with a modern military that we need to worry about, stronger allies, and if anything have overseen a slight INCREASE in our own capabilities.

Which begs the question: In what measurable way is the US less able to deal with those other threats you mention now than it was in 2022?

I don't see the pause in hostilities of other "bad actors". Hamas' and Iran's looking to retaliate against Isreal's killing of a Hamas' top leader. Sending in 300+/- rockets into Israel. Of course these rockets were launched by Hamas after Israel's preemptive strike. Ships ramming each other around Taiwan.

I don't see the pause in hostilities of other "bad actors". Hamas' and Iran's looking to retaliate against Isreal's killing of a Hamas' top leader. Sending in 300+/- rockets into Israel. Of course these rockets were launched by Hamas after Israel's preemptive strike. Ships ramming each other around Taiwan.
Well, there's just as much capability to do something about it militarily as there's ever been.

I guess it's simply not of interest to our political classes, or they don't think it's of interest to the general populace. Based on the isolationist commentary on here and the let's call it 'mixed' reactions to the Israel situation within the wider population, they might even be correct on the second point.

I don't think we can hold Ukraine or even Russia responsible for that though!

As an aside, this is an interesting policy position to take on your part. We shouldn't bother helping Ukraine against Russia because it's not to our benefit and might weaken our position against China, but it's very important to jump into the Israel conflict against Hamas?

Not trying to be confrontational, but I would be extremely interested to understand a bit more about your logic here. Perhaps I've misunderstood your position?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanieleEar

Latest profile posts

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.