Politics

Just don't ask a Rhodesian about Thatcher!

She was awesome for the UK and give her a solid 9/10...

As a Rhodesian I'd give her a 5 second head start to outrun 180gn travelling at 2700 fps

I thought that she came into office after Mugabe was already in power?

Women shouldn’t be in government leadership roles?
Women shouldn’t have the right to vote?

I’m not quite sure in what century or country you live in, but those are precisely misogynous statements. And I could not disagree stronger with them.

I’ll grant you that on average men have more an innate tendency to lead than women. Not necessarily more competence in it however. Machismo and all that.

I have worked for and currently am reporting to a woman, who is clearly very competent in her leadership role.

Women also bring life to this world, for the most part raise the family and provide a home worth fighting/working for. How could they not have the right to vote?
Because they will never have to pay with their blood for electoral folly. It's the guy who writes the check that gets to decide how the money is spent. When the age of majority is attained in this country, men must hand over a blank check to the federal government or face 5 years in prison and/or a $250K fine. A great many other penalties attach as well.

I don't doubt the competence, courage, or patriotism of many women. I have significant misgivings about their understanding of the use of force, and that's precisely what government is - force. If you don't understand how/when it is appropriate to use force, and have the capacity to actually employ force, you have no business deciding the manner and timing of its use.

Women shouldn’t be in government leadership roles?
Women shouldn’t have the right to vote?

I’m not quite sure in what century or country you live in, but those are precisely misogynous statements. And I could not disagree stronger with them.

I’ll grant you that on average men have more an innate tendency to lead than women. Not necessarily more competence in it however. Machismo and all that.

I have worked for and currently am reporting to a woman, who is clearly very competent in her leadership role.

Women also bring life to this world, for the most part raise the family and provide a home worth fighting/working for. How could they not have the right to vote?
I respect your opinion. Mine still stands.

I know you felt you needed to mention your superior but if you reread my post I didn’t say anything about private enterprise [I did edit my OP to specifically limit my viewpoint to governmental leadership roles, something I originally (mistakenly) left out] and I said that they can (obviously) have equal or greater levels of competence/capability of a man.

You can call me a misogynist. That’s ok. My wife even works outside the home :eek:. I love and respect my wife and mother and other women in my life and I believe they vote correctly most of the time without input from me.

I pretty much already said my peace on this but this is the internet and I realize that people often want to pile on, constantly repeat themselves and/or say the exact same thing as someone else already has so the rest know they have the “correct” viewpoint as well.

In light of that fact about human nature and the internet I’ll reiterate that no, they should not be able to hold a government leadership position and they should not be able to vote. These are not their natural or prescriptive roles in society. It’s the man’s job to lead and run a nation and all that entails.

Because they will never have to pay with their blood for electoral folly. It's the guy who writes the check that gets to decide how the money is spent. When the age of majority is attained in this country, men must hand over a blank check to the federal government or face 5 years in prison and/or a $250K fine. A great many other penalties attach as well.

I don't doubt the competence, courage, or patriotism of many women. I have significant misgivings about their understanding of the use of force, and that's precisely what government is - force. If you don't understand how/when it is appropriate to use force, and have the capacity to actually employ force, you have no business deciding the manner and timing of its use.
Yes, if you can’t serve (I didn’t) or you can’t be called on to serve (I can be) or you haven’t served or been subject to the possibility of being called up then how can you fully appreciate the deadly serious duty of sending someone off to war? I know many men don’t fully comprehend (I don’t know if I fully comprehend it myself) that responsibility either but the reality is the same regardless and every man should ponder on these things. Obviously there are exceptions for men who genuinely can’t physically serve but would if they could or were called on to.

Yes, if you can’t serve (I didn’t) or you can’t be called on to serve (I can be) or you haven’t served or been subject to the possibility of being called up then how can you fully appreciate the deadly serious duty of sending someone off to war? I know many men don’t fully comprehend (I don’t know if I fully comprehend it myself) that responsibility either but the reality is the same regardless and every man should ponder on these things. Obviously there are exceptions for men who genuinely can’t physically serve but would if they could or were called on to.
Meaning no disrespect to you at all, but this case is a classic Argument from Exception.

Most men grok these things, few women do. Of the few women who do, fewer still have the capacity to exercise force meaningfully.

Look no further than here. And he's a deformed man who'd never have even qualified to be in the Olympics as a male fighter, let alone have won the gold. A weak man ran roughshod over the very best female boxers in the world.
1723722620407.png

Just don't ask a Rhodesian about Thatcher!

She was awesome for the UK and give her a solid 9/10...

As a Rhodesian I'd give her a 5 second head start to outrun 180gn travelling at 2700 fps
Didn’t Jimmy Carter send Andrew Young as a mediator between Ian Smith’s government and the “freedom fighters”?

Some different is going on in the Kursk area of operations. It may simply be the quality of Russian troops in that area, or it may be a continuing reaction to operational surprise, or it may reflect a changing commitment to the Special Military Operation, but Putin's pawns are suddenly surrendering in large groups.

This mass surender of roughly a hundred personnel occured yesterday.

The blogs are full of postings of groups of 5-10 surrendering to Ukrainian forces.

Again, it is too early to draw any real conclusions, but I remain convinced that the shadow of 1917 is potentially never far away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scb

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?