Politics

Just that he started the entire intellectual tradition from which legal positivism is derived. Hobbes would not say stealing is illegal because it is unjust. He would say stealing is illegal because men don’t want to be stolen from (or raped, or killed) so they created a sovereign or other ruler given authority by social contract and abdicated their own freedom to steal to ensure they themselves were not stolen from. Morality has nothing to do with it.
Thank you for reminding me that Hobbes was as FOS as Rousseau.

Well, when laws are passed to enforce one's beliefs on others that goes beyond disagreement.

Overall, I am a laissez-faire guy. I don't want government intervention on firearms, economy and yes, even in medical choices of one's own care. People have personal responsibility and have to live with the consequences of their own choices and actions.

It is funny how those on the right supposedly abhor government intervention on people's lives but be the first ones to pass laws for social engineering when it suits their own viewpoints/beliefs. The hypocrisy is amazing. BTW, it goes double for those on the left, but at least they are honest about having the government be a factor in one's life from the cradle to grave.
I'm pages behind but was equally surprised and incredulous at the irony! Your last line of your second paragraph: "People have personal responsibility and have to live with the consequences of their own choices and actions"

So the consequences of falling pregnant will result in a baby IF one is taking responsibility for one's action... OR take no responsibility and just abort the baby.

And your last paragraph rambling about government interference and social intervention in people's lives and social engineering: Why do we have prisons? Isn't that just social engineering to keep the baddies out of society? Numerous other examples, suffice to say allowing a mother to kill her unborn is the pinnacle of social engineering. You have now engineered a culture of no consequences for falling pregnant as well as a culture that accepts murdering babies.

Well done on that.

Last edited:
So scum sucking maggot Christopher Wray says Trump wasn’t hit by bullet……… I suppose the man, Corey Comperatore,
that was killed protecting his family made that up also? The FBI, the most corrupt organization in Law Enforcement history.
Actually. What he really said was that they had not concluded whether it was a bullet or shrapnel.

Today they clarified that it was a bullet or part of a bullet.

My daughter is a carrier for Tay-Sachs disease. She had her husband tested before they got married as it is a fatal disease where babies last maybe a few years in the most common form. He tested negative.

She wanted kids of her own and if he also was a carrier then she would have moved on regardless of how much she loved him. Luckily, he did not, and my grandkids do not have the gene.

That was also the reason I ended up getting a divorce after 9 years of marriage with my last wife. She wanted kids and we got tested. We both were carriers (1 in 729, for both to have it :( ). She has two beautiful girls with the current husband.
Unlike your other post that I quoted, THIS one shows taking responsibility and making choices that don't end in heartache and murder.

Sometimes I want to smack you upside the head and sometimes I want to shake your hand. ;)

On a positive note my daughter made Bloomberg’s “40 under 40” list for 2024.
Here is the overall link.

And the article specifically about her.

One dad to another: congrats man.

And I thought I was a big deal when I made my county's 40 under 40.

Congratulations to your daughter, that is a big accomplishment!

Actually. What he really said was that they had not concluded whether it was a bullet or shrapnel.

Today they clarified that it was a bullet or part of a bullet.
huh,

i figured that out days ago. weird how the head of the FBI wasn't able to figure it out until today.

what a dumbass

Congrats to your daughter on her accomplishments.

Dear @Hunter-Habib,

I only now get cought up on the politics section and am reading these horrifying events that your daughter and your family suffered from.

I hope in the meantime, her broken arm is healing well and you are still all fine, healthy and in safety. If there is anything we can do from afar to provide help, do not hesitate to call on myself and others.

A fraternity should also be there when things go less well.

Btw, small correction, as I'm sure this behaviour can be found in all societies:
The last few days have shown what Bengalis people can become like in the dark, once law & order collapses. It truly is terrifying. A peaceful protest quickly escalated into mass looting, arson, rape & murder from all parties.

Congratulations, you have much to be proud of!

Shrapnel does not make the Buzzing Bee sound and crack sound as it goes by your head.

Trump immediately after the shooting said he heard the buzzing sound and simultaneously felt his ear being impacted at the same time.

Chris Wray :rolleyes:

You have to know what you’re hearing. But a few bullets come close to the leathernecks microphone and you can hear them “whiz” by

I think I would rather stay out on that pool table battlefield than climb into that Osprey :LOL:

I’ll say it again Chris Wray :rolleyes:

The is another question for the upcoming debate.
Kamala how do you square this circle ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaemswarren

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt